Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Gen2 2860r Results

DvC

Finally finishing up my tune with Stratified and i have to say i am very impressed with this setup. Boost comes on pretty late compared to stock turbo/stock frame (x37,x47) but when its up and spooled it is a fricken rocket ship.

TURBO: GEN2 2860r
ADDITIONAL UPGRADES: Injen Intake, Thermal R&D exhaust, DHM race cooler, Tial Q BOV, eBay manifold, Stratified aux fuel, LSD, awr rmm
FUEL: E50
RESULTS :

The car is mainly for tracking so building boost so high up in the rev range. On the track the car is awesome. Took down some much more expensive cars like it was nothing. Going out with our local Porsche Club and Focus ST Club on the 14 of October. Should have many more videos to come :)

[video=youtube;Laygs0egivo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Laygs0egivo[/video]

Very nice and congratulations on 400+!!

This bodes well for me, I have a GTX2860R gen 2 as well with stage 3 camshafts as well. Yes, the spool is much later than stock but totally worth it. I cannot wait until the port injection from Adam is released, looks very promising. And if that never pans out, it is nice to see that the Stratified kit gets the job done rather nicely.

Ish

Nice man! Ive been wanting to try this atp kit with the gen 2. Looks like spool is around 500-800rpm faster than the original one that i had. Are you running stock manifold?

OP
DvC

DvC

Thread Starter #6
Nice man! Ive been wanting to try this atp kit with the gen 2. Looks like spool is around 500-800rpm faster than the original one that i had. Are you running stock manifold?
I am running a bp racing manifold

Good stuff, the wanker in the viper was likely not too happy after that pass.

Viper driver has more money than skilz obviously. Someone should explain to him the concept of an apex.

OP
DvC

DvC

Thread Starter #9
Viper driver has more money than skilz obviously. Someone should explain to him the concept of an apex.
it was the beginner group so the car likely more than a handful for him. i dont blame him really more the instructor that was in his car with him...

Do you have a build thread? I'm also curious to know how an ebay manifold actually performs better than a stock one.

OP
DvC

DvC

Thread Starter #12
Do you have a build thread? I'm also curious to know how an ebay manifold actually performs better than a stock one.
My build thread hasnt been updated in a long time. I should probably do that.

I would love to see a comparison with a stock manifold vs the eBay manifold. I paid to have my stuff installed so I wasn't going to pay to have it installed twice. I really can't say either way how much difference it makes. I just was not going to cheap out mid way.

My build thread hasnt been updated in a long time. I should probably do that.

I would love to see a comparison with a stock manifold vs the eBay manifold. I paid to have my stuff installed so I wasn't going to pay to have it installed twice. I really can't say either way how much difference it makes. I just was not going to cheap out mid way.
I only ask cause I'm debating going big turbo too and am not one to cut corners when I build. However, I haven't found too many quality manifolds in the states, especially since DHM is gone. I was just curious as to our manifolds limitations/why you chose to go the ebay route. I ask mainly cause I come from turbo honda's and quality manifolds were a must compared to ebay ones.

pwnall1337

Vendor
Finally finishing up my tune with Stratified and i have to say i am very impressed with this setup. Boost comes on pretty late compared to stock turbo/stock frame (x37,x47) but when its up and spooled it is a fricken rocket ship.

TURBO: GEN2 2860r
ADDITIONAL UPGRADES: Injen Intake, Thermal R&D exhaust, DHM race cooler, Tial Q BOV, eBay manifold, Stratified aux fuel, LSD, awr rmm
FUEL: E50
RESULTS :

The car is mainly for tracking so building boost so high up in the rev range. On the track the car is awesome. Took down some much more expensive cars like it was nothing. Going out with our local Porsche Club and Focus ST Club on the 14 of October. Should have many more videos to come :)

[video=youtube;Laygs0egivo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Laygs0egivo[/video]
woah doggie, stock motor? that tq curve is perfect. maybe I need to buy a used fiesta.

OP
DvC

DvC

Thread Starter #15
I only ask cause I'm debating going big turbo too and am not one to cut corners when I build. However, I haven't found too many quality manifolds in the states, especially since DHM is gone. I was just curious as to our manifolds limitations/why you chose to go the ebay route. I ask mainly cause I come from turbo honda's and quality manifolds were a must compared to ebay ones.
i dont think there has been a definitive comparison between all the manifolds (Puma, BP Racing, DHM, Stock) just due to the extra labor of the in and out of the turbos and manifolds. What i can say is The BP racing and Puma Speed manifolds are both works of art, fit and finish is awesome with the Pumaspeed having smaller diameter runners for quicker spool and the BP having larger runners for more power at higher rpm. The price of the Pumaspeed is what pushed me to the Bp racing manifold, ~700$ vs the 400$ for the bp racing manifold.

woah doggie, stock motor? that tq curve is perfect. maybe I need to buy a used fiesta.
yes sir, stock internals.

i dont think there has been a definitive comparison between all the manifolds (Puma, BP Racing, DHM, Stock) just due to the extra labor of the in and out of the turbos and manifolds. What i can say is The BP racing and Puma Speed manifolds are both works of art, fit and finish is awesome with the Pumaspeed having smaller diameter runners for quicker spool and the BP having larger runners for more power at higher rpm. The price of the Pumaspeed is what pushed me to the Bp racing manifold, ~700$ vs the 400$ for the bp racing manifold.

yes sir, stock internals.
Actually back when I had a 2560r I ran it with the stock manifold, ceramic coated puma speed header, there was no real difference between them.
Then I had the same turbo with DHM header and externally gated and it spooled 800-1000 rpm sooner and ended up making 330whp (350 on a great DA), or 310 with no aux, versus 280 on the stock/puma.

OP
DvC

DvC

Thread Starter #18
Actually back when I had a 2560r I ran it with the stock manifold, ceramic coated puma speed header, there was no real difference between them.
Then I had the same turbo with DHM header and externally gated and it spooled 800-1000 rpm sooner and ended up making 330whp (350 on a great DA), or 310 with no aux, versus 280 on the stock/puma.
i forgot you did that, it has been a while since i have seen you post. Didnt think you were still around

i forgot you did that, it has been a while since i have seen you post. Didnt think you were still around
I am still around, i just rarely jump on the forums. I am on a 2860 now, still working on stuff for my car. Looking at building the motor soon too but have been really busy.
Honestly I have also just been spending more time and resources building out my datsun 620 drift truck because its a fun project.

Curious how you (and any others making similar power) are holding up on track. Are you on stock radiator or did you upgrade? I have a hard time keeping cool with the stock turbo and a Stratified tune. I'm amazed anyone can track it pushing 400 whp.