Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Feeling defeated exhaust install

OP
DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Thread Starter #101
I am having a hard time getting a good picture, unfortunately I only have my phone camera.

This is the best of the bunch where you can actually see the tips. I may still adjust the tips in a little to be more flush with the bumper, I wanted to be cautious and not melt anything.

https://imgur.com/a/KLLvo

You should have sprayed penetrating oil on the nuts the night before and hit the nuts with some heat before you crack them.

If you go in there cold and no penetrating oil you always run the risk of things going sideways no matter how low the miles or winters are. On the DP it's the constant hot cold cycle that jams the nuts up.

OP
DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Thread Starter #103
You should have sprayed penetrating oil on the nuts the night before and hit the nuts with some heat before you crack them.

If you go in there cold and no penetrating oil you always run the risk of things going sideways no matter how low the miles or winters are. On the DP it's the constant hot cold cycle that jams the nuts up.
Old thread, I didn't use fire and should have. Plus now I know once I got the nuts off I could have pounded the studs out of the dp. At this point I was done. I also was doing a bunch of other things and I sprayed them with pb blaster well in advance. Next time when and if there is a next time $100 is well worth it for a shop to install it. Also I should have done my mountune downpipe install at the same time. I had the subframe dropped for steering rack and sway bar bushings, would have made everything much easier.

Like I said though, live and learn. And always do the why you're in there, might as well within reason of course.