Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sekred's White Weapon build thread # 2

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Cheers guys,

My Notorious unreliable butt dyno review will follow shortly.
Its Winter where your at right? I was going to say use the cobb's peak hold temp display and run it as hard as you can and see how high you can force the temps to get.

My record is 131 degrees here in Florida...

Idling doesn't count, lol.

How much trimming was needed? What kind of fab? I mean for the fmic. Also can you take a picture from the front of the car I want to see the IC from the front how it looks.

MOFiST

Nice work Sekred. That IC is beastly! Can you list the other bits to buy or did you bend the pipe yourself? I take it you welded the brackets on.

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #45
No trimming was required. The only Fab was cutting the aluminium flat bar to length, cutting the 90 degree tubing to length and drilling a couple of holes in the crash bar. Although the IC is thicker and wider it sits closer to the AC condenser and close as I could get it to the crash bar. Naturally a bit of measuring is required, measure twice, cut once is a old saying and kiss, keep it simple stupid.
Cost, AUD
Mishi IC, $278.00
Freight to OZ, $110.00
63mm silicon hose, 150mm long, $15.00
Two 63mm 90 degree aluminium IC pipes. $40.00. Roll bends on pipe after cutting to length, $15.00
Supply 25mm by 6mm aluminium flat bar, bend and weld to IC, $30.00. (scrap lengths from a sheet metal shop)
Tee bolt clamps, $20.00
My labour, $999.50 plus meals and accommodation.

Comparison
ATP IC, $741 AUD plus freight
Airtec IC, $638 AUD plus freight.

Grill.jpg

No trimming was required. The only Fab was cutting the aluminium flat bar to length, cutting the 90 degree tubing to length and drilling a couple of holes in the crash bar. Although the IC is thicker and wider it sits closer to the AC condenser and close as I could get it to the crash bar. Naturally a bit of measuring is required, measure twice, cut once is a old saying and kiss, keep it simple stupid.
Cost, AUD
Mishi IC, $278.00
Freight to OZ, $110.00
63mm silicon hose, 150mm long, $15.00
Two 63mm 90 degree aluminium IC pipes. $40.00. Roll bends on pipe after cutting to length, $15.00
Supply 25mm by 6mm aluminium flat bar, bend and weld to IC, $30.00. (scrap lengths from a sheet metal shop)
Tee bolt clamps, $20.00
My labour, $999.50 plus meals and accommodation.

Comparison
ATP IC, $741 AUD plus freight
Airtec IC, $638 AUD plus freight.

View attachment 1483
How does your car feel now with the bigger cooler?

MOFiST

Did the bumper go back on smooth without a problem? Are you a little more worried about front ground clearance now?
I'm very close to pulling the trigger on this or the Airtec which I could get for about $600 inc shipping from the UK.
This Mishimoto does look like a beefier product for less dollars though [coolsmile]

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #48
Did the bumper go back on smooth without a problem? Are you a little more worried about front ground clearance now?
I'm very close to pulling the trigger on this or the Airtec which I could get for about $600 inc shipping from the UK.
This Mishimoto does look like a beefier product for less dollars though [coolsmile]
The bumper went back on without a problem. Its a tight fit, I had 30mm I could mount the IC further forward before I needed to start trimming, I ended up with 2mm clearance.
Front ground clearance is a concern because I have already scraped the bumper undersides before so I will take extra care on steep driveways. I do have the small under tray that sits under the IC but its not going to offer much protection.

The butt dyno tells me I have lost a little throttle response when I first tip it in. I'm not surprised because there is more volume to fill. The butt dyno also tells me I have stronger top end above 4500rpms when I stretch its legs in the higher gears.
I'm happy with it but it needs a tune, a live tune would be great.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
The bumper went back on without a problem. Its a tight fit, I had 30mm I could mount the IC further forward before I needed to start trimming, I ended up with 2mm clearance.
Front ground clearance is a concern because I have already scraped the bumper undersides before so I will take extra care on steep driveways. I do have the small under tray that sits under the IC but its not going to offer much protection.

The butt dyno tells me I have lost a little throttle response when I first tip it in. I'm not surprised because there is more volume to fill. The butt dyno also tells me I have stronger top end above 4500rpms when I stretch its legs in the higher gears.
I'm happy with it but it needs a tune, a live tune would be great.
Not sure if you have a cobb ap or not, or if you can run the stage3 93oct tune, but it has awesome response compared to the S1 and S2 tunes.

makes me happy seeing a Aussy ST!
I have no idea what i just read in relation to modifications you made to the engine but she looks awesome..

Unfortunately i am clumsy and will have to get a mech to fit all my parts when they come from mountune :(

WIll be following your thread intently and will try to educate myself in the ways of the mechanics!

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #52
makes me happy seeing a Aussy ST!
I have no idea what i just read in relation to modifications you made to the engine but she looks awesome..

Unfortunately i am clumsy and will have to get a mech to fit all my parts when they come from mountune :(

WIll be following your thread intently and will try to educate myself in the ways of the mechanics!
Cheers NaseH

Pity you don't live in Newcastle, I could do the work for you at a very cheap compared to what a workshop would charge you.

Cheers NaseH

Pity you don't live in Newcastle, I could do the work for you at a very cheap compared to what a workshop would charge you.
This is interesting lol, how about a mechanically hopeless Sydney fella? Also are Mountune parts ordered online subject to taxes?

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #54
This is interesting lol, how about a mechanically hopeless Sydney fella? Also are Mountune parts ordered online subject to taxes?
Hi Nevermind

That's no problem but you would have to come to me.
Parts from Mountune UK are GST (less than $1000) and VAT free but there is the freight charge to think about.

Hi Nevermind

That's no problem but you would have to come to me.
Parts from Mountune UK are GST (less than $1000) and VAT free but there is the freight charge to think about.
Ok cool thanks for the info. As for the trip to Newcastle don't think that would be an issue driving the FiST lol.

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #58
Will do thanks. Any recommendations for RMM and access port? Also was going with Mountune quick shift.
I recently install the Powerflex black insert, just in the large end of the RMM where most of the movement occurs. I am pleased with the result, noticeably stiffer with only a small increase in vibration under 2000rpms. MRT performance in Sydney are a Powerflex distributer, the price was $63 posted.
As for a tune, I like the Finsport set up but the cost is holding me back at the moment.
http://www.finsport-shop.co.uk/en/product/finsport-flash-lead---st180/

I recently install the Powerflex black insert, just in the large end of the RMM where most of the movement occurs. I am pleased with the result, noticeably stiffer with only a small increase in vibration under 2000rpms. MRT performance in Sydney are a Powerflex distributer, the price was $63 posted.
As for a tune, I like the Finsport set up but the cost is holding me back at the moment.
http://www.finsport-shop.co.uk/en/product/finsport-flash-lead---st180/
Crap! How much is the total package? No wonder your waiting.