Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb AP update 9/18/17 and a few things I noticed...

[MENTION=555]COBB Tuning[/MENTION]

Can you answer this?

I am of the mind that it is a wheel hp estimate, everything I'm seeing is in line with the power my setup should be making on a real dyno.
It's an OEM monitor based on an algorithm from Ford. The attempt is a wheel hp estimate. It's fairly accurate for what it is. Once you begin making significant changes to the factory model (with bigger turbos, displacement, head flow changes, etc) the greater the estimate will be off. It's certainly not a replacement for a dyno when it comes to solid power numbers but may be useful in comparing gains from one setup to another on the same car.

Kyle@COBB

[MENTION=555]COBB Tuning[/MENTION]

Can you answer this?

I am of the mind that it is a wheel hp estimate, everything I'm seeing is in line with the power my setup should be making on a real dyno.
It's an OEM monitor based on an algorithm from Ford. The attempt is a wheel hp estimate. It's fairly accurate for what it is. The more significant changes to the factory model (with bigger turbos, displacement, head flow changes, etc) the greater the estimate will be off. It's certainly not a replacement for a dyno when it comes to solid power numbers but may be useful in comparing gains from one setup to another on the same car.

Kyle@COBB

I think you could. You're in NC so I bet you're on 93 octane. There are a bunch of real dynos floating around with numbers close to that even on OTS tunes. Matt Farah's Cobb dyno on stage 2 OTS did 210/272 to the wheels and that's on 91 octane, so on 93 I don't see your numbers being unrealistic.

1:58 on this video:

Cobb stage 2 dyno OTS tune 91 octane

The thing about this Estimated Horsepower monitor that impresses me is that it's close to what vDyno is showing and also close to what our cars should be making on our respective hardware/software upgrades, according to my research.
I am on 93 so maybe I am making 216 at the wheels, that would be a lot more than I expected so that would be awesome.

I’m running a stage 2 strat tune with a depo IC and injen intake. Highest estimated HP I’ve seen is 192. 93oct tune

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I'm at 212.9hp and 291tq. I'll take it.

Stratified stage 2 on E30 in less than ideal heat and humidity

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

austinST

I’m running a strat tune with a CPE IC and a cobb drop in filter. Highest I’ve seen is 194 hp and 281 tq. on 91oct. I haven’t had a chance to do any really good pulls to verify that is the highest hp but it is really interesting to see how different mods will affect this number. I am glad to know it is relatively accurate.

me32

1000 Post Club
I had issues with the update on my fusion. I had to go back to and old version on the cobb ap.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
How much drivetrain loss do we expect in this car? 15%?

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Ya I'm on Stratified tune with Depo intercooler, Mountune drop in filter, and E30

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
So that's 262hp and 353tq estimated at the flywheel. With basically just a tune and corn juice. Not bad