Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb AP update 9/18/17 and a few things I noticed...

jeff

2000 Post Club
I updated today for the firmware described below, wondered if anyone else had and noticed some things...

The whole "standardized monitor lists..." thing means that there are a good many new monitors available including estimated horsepower. Not that I trust it too much but I'm curious what that monitor will read when I drive the car again tomorrow, along with scrolling through some of the other new monitors and seeing what's available.

I called Cobb but they didn't indicate anything new, just that things were renamed, and that there wouldn't be an updated description list for the stuff that's been added/updated/standardized.

Thoughts?

Here are the release notes:

https://static.cobbtuning.com/support/releasenotes/AP3-FOR-001.html

Firmware Update 1.7.3.0-15193:

Date: 09/18/2017

Improvements:
Standardized monitor lists and monitor names between Accessport and Accesstuner.
Note: This change may cause user selected data log and monitor settings to be reset. Please reconfigure gauges and data log lists as necessary.
Improved data monitor selection routines to better report when too many monitors are selected.
Improved description for overwriting a previous tune.

I have read a lot of users complaining about the new firmware update, running slow, crashing, etc. Any issues on your end so far?

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I have read a lot of users complaining about the new firmware update, running slow, crashing, etc. Any issues on your end so far?
No issues yet, but I've only driven it about 40 miles.

I did a datalog today, for this one Vdyno says 281hp and 302tq, AP says 291hp and 290tq.

Not that either of those are reliable...but they are within 3% of each other. Either of those sets of numbers would be about what I'm expecting from a real dyno run, which will happen later this fall.

Hosted on Fotki

Oh it for sure does not, i was asking because if hes on the factory turbo that # is incredibly optimistic, not that you could really trust a gauge that is estimating anything though

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
A week in now and no issues as of yet, smooth sailing.

Oh it for sure does not, i was asking because if hes on the factory turbo that # is incredibly optimistic, not that you could really trust a gauge that is estimating anything though
I do have faith in the numbers I posted because (a) they are within 3% of the Vdyno I ran on the datalog I recorded which was the same run that those numbers came from, and Vdyno tends to be within 3-5% of a real dyno so I feel good about that, and (b) the Cobb estimates are about what I'm seeing from other X47 setups with a high octane tune.

Jeff is on an X47 hybrid setup, and I believe is still in the process of tuning. ;)
Finally all finished last week, that's my 98.5 octane tune with redline raised to 7,000, though peak power came around 6,100.

I'd be satisfied with 280/280 on the dyno, anything north of that would be icing on the cake. From all the research I've done I think my expectations are realistic. If it hit 300 I'd be jumping for joy but I'm a realist......maybe if I had a catless DP and larger exhaust I'd make it, but I'm not willing to go that route for my daily driver, a few extra HP isn't that important to me.

I'm surprised more folks haven't chimed in with their results from the estimated HP monitor, I was sure it would stimulate more conversation.

I updated this morning and mine is acting up. When I view the gauges they are all set to the same thing, I can't change them and the shift light is flashing the entire time. It is unusable right now, I wouldn't recommend anyone update.

I updated this morning and mine is acting up. When I view the gauges they are all set to the same thing, I can't change them and the shift light is flashing the entire time. It is unusable right now, I wouldn't recommend anyone update.
Mine did this too when I updated, I had to uninstall the ap and then reinstall and it works fine now.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'd be satisfied with 280/280 on the dyno, anything north of that would be icing on the cake. From all the research I've done I think my expectations are realistic. If it hit 300 I'd be jumping for joy but I'm a realist......maybe if I had a catless DP and larger exhaust I'd make it, but I'm not willing to go that route for my daily driver, a few extra HP isn't that important to me.
Would an E30/40 tune net any more than the 98.5 tune does (yes, of course IF you had it readily available in your area) on your setup? [dunno]

Again, I totally agree with the catted down pipe (and NO WMI) on an only car daily driver (yup, even though many on here do).
I WOULD do a 4 injector port injection aux. fuel setup once they are fully out and developed, if I had the bankroll to get one at that time. ;)

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
Are these wheel hp estimates or flywheel hp estimates by the AP?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I think it's flywheel estimates.
[MENTION=555]COBB Tuning[/MENTION]

Can you answer this?

I am of the mind that it is a wheel hp estimate, everything I'm seeing is in line with the power my setup should be making on a real dyno.

[MENTION=555]COBB Tuning[/MENTION]

Can you answer this?

I am of the mind that it is a wheel hp estimate, everything I'm seeing is in line with the power my setup should be making on a real dyno.
I may be wrong, maybe it is wheel hp. I didn't think I could be making 216 hp at the wheels on a ots tune though.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #20
I may be wrong, maybe it is wheel hp. I didn't think I could be making 216 hp at the wheels on a ots tune though.
I think you could. You're in NC so I bet you're on 93 octane. There are a bunch of real dynos floating around with numbers close to that even on OTS tunes. Matt Farah's Cobb dyno on stage 2 OTS did 210/272 to the wheels and that's on 91 octane, so on 93 I don't see your numbers being unrealistic.

1:58 on this video:

Cobb stage 2 dyno OTS tune 91 octane

The thing about this Estimated Horsepower monitor that impresses me is that it's close to what vDyno is showing and also close to what our cars should be making on our respective hardware/software upgrades, according to my research.

Ford Community Posts