Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

North Texas ST Cruise Through the Mountains

DaveG99

More info on the North Texas ST's facebook page.

Its that time again. The 4th ST cruise is upon us. This time we are spending more time up in the best part of Arkansas, The Ozarks! So in order to maximize our time up there on Saturday we will be starting in Fort Smith Arkansas Saturday morning at 9:30am. I recommend heading up Friday afternoon/evening after work and getting a room (Ill figure out best Hotel deal soon. Most are $70-$90) but if you want to leave super early in the morning Saturday you can do that too. Its a 4 and half hour drive to Fort Smith from Dallas. We will be driving about 350 miles through mountain roads Saturday so its best get a good night sleep and start fresh in the morning.

After killing tires in the Ozark Mountains all day Saturday we will be staying the night in Hot Springs Arkansas Saturday night. Its a nice little town with some good bars and restaurants. I will be enjoying adult beverages at Maxines Saturday night. Ill figure out the best deal on a hotel with a good location and post the info soon.

Sunday we will drive west and head through the talimena scenic byway and then head south to Broken Bow for lunch. After lunch we all split up and head home.

Arkansas has 93 octane in most of the larger towns. Oklahoma doesnt have 93. Most of us should be able to make it without using 91 octane but make sure you have a 91 tune set up just in case.

You will need a hand held radio (walkie talkie) to stay in contact with everyone.

If you are into photography this is a great opportunity to get some awesome shots. The views up there are amazing. We will be stopping at at least one waterfall and scenic view rest stops often.

This is a great opportunity to see how your car handles in the twisties while enjoying gorgeous views. The leaves will be changing colors when we are there.

Friday (NOV 3rd) 1st night hotel and meeting point saturday morning:

Holiday inn express
6813 Phoenix Ave, Fort Smith, AR 72903

cruise 5.jpg cruise 2.jpg cruise 3.jpg cruise 4.jpg cruise 1.jpg

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #3
May try to do this.
Well come on. We have about 18 people going so far. Hotels have been set also. Holiday in express in fort smith friday night and holiday inn express in hot springs saturday night

One of your members of the face book group left a business card on my fist the other day ..
guys name is Larry Dixon .. I think he may have a black fist

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #5
One of your members of the face book group left a business card on my fist the other day ..
guys name is Larry Dixon .. I think he may have a black fist
Yeah we do that a lot. We card all the ST's in the DFW area. But your way down south.

On a side note I just replaced my tires. Im ready to have some fun in a few weeks

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #8
We have 24 people going so far

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #10
I dont think so. But the best way to keep up with us is the facebook page. Last night there was a big meet. We meet up every tuesday at erbert and gerberts in plano. Are you in Dallas?

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #13
This is happening this weekend. If you are going contact me for details.

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #14
Video my step son recorded holding my phone. I was following a stage 3 focus and he is one of the fastest (most ballsy) drivers in our group. I normally lead but he takes the front of the group every now and then. We had 14 cars. This part was on hwy 103 North of Clarksville AR. This is sped up some so it isnt too boring

https://youtu.be/xsrG3-QlS3k

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
You guys have some really nice roads over there.

Video my step son recorded holding my phone. I was following a stage 3 focus and he is one of the fastest (most ballsy) drivers in our group. I normally lead but he takes the front of the group every now and then. We had 14 cars. This part was on hwy 103 North of Clarksville AR. This is sped up some so it isnt too boring

https://youtu.be/xsrG3-QlS3k