Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SMMR open track day

I did an open track day last weekend and wanted to post some cool vids for the track rats.
This was my first track day in about 1 year, so it took a few sessions to shake of the dust. I also had done the x37 turbo upgrade since my last track day so i got to enjoy a little bit of power and no grip. Sadly i don't have an LSD, and its had the car run a slower time than before the turbo upgrade. May have also been the drivers fault for lifting [hihi]

this was one of my 2.52.xx runs on the first day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGLC5IM8fLo
[video=youtube;oGLC5IM8fLo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGLC5IM8fLo[/video]

I was planning on PBing the second day on the first session, but i had a corvette keep me from passing. cool video of me chasing him down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICwOWOa-LHM&feature=youtu.be
[video=youtube;ICwOWOa-LHM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICwOWOa-LHM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

OP
JohnzyST
Thread Starter #3
How do you like the X37 on track? What tune & fuel are you running? Cooling mods?
Without an LSD this turbo doesn't do much. Know id have traction issues I used my 91 tube the whole event, but after I install an LSD I will probably do my e40 run on track.
I do have the larger radiator.

OP
JohnzyST
Thread Starter #4
How do you like the X37 on track? What tune & fuel are you running? Cooling mods?
Without an LSD this turbo doesn't do much. Know id have traction issues I used my 91 tube the whole event, but after I install an LSD I will probably do my e40 run on track.

Nice! I like how you seem to be at the limits of grip :)

What tires are you running in this vid and what condition were they in? You had them howling :)

I have the Quaife LSD, and while it's better than open diff, it's still not very effective in tight 2nd gear corners (I'm stock power wise, just cooling mods). Wanna be the guinea pig and try the Wavetrac for me? :D Alternatively you could look into a true mechanical diff like OS Giken.

Whew, that Corvette driver was taking some spectacularly awful lines. Oh well. Looked like you were driving it pretty clean except for some liftoff oversteer here and there. Thanks for sharing.

OP
JohnzyST
Thread Starter #8
Nice! I like how you seem to be at the limits of grip :)

What tires are you running in this vid and what condition were they in? You had them howling :)
Thanks man!
I am on hankook rs3. I’ve had them for over a year, maybe two. I might need new tires, but I rotate them often so they had good life on them.

OP
JohnzyST
Thread Starter #9
I have the Quaife LSD, and while it's better than open diff, it's still not very effective in tight 2nd gear corners (I'm stock power wise, just cooling mods). Wanna be the guinea pig and try the Wavetrac for me? :D Alternatively you could look into a true mechanical diff like OS Giken.

I order the M-factory lsd a few days ago and it arrived his morning, so I guess I can’t be the guinea pig! Lol
Because I daily my car I don’t think I want anything too aggressive like a os giken or clutch type lsd. Maybe when I buy a new daily I will swap out this lsd.

OP
JohnzyST
Thread Starter #10
Whew, that Corvette driver was taking some spectacularly awful lines. Oh well. Looked like you were driving it pretty clean except for some liftoff oversteer here and there. Thanks for sharing.
Yeah I had to stay off throttle in some corners in order not to get too close to this guy causing my car to rotate. Idk why he was in advanced; he was very unsafe. Looking back I should have gotten on throttle and Pressured him a little more.