Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Federal SS595 review

I recently put a set of 205/40/17 Federal SS595's on my fiesta and I thought I'd share my thoughts. Before we begin I'll give a little back story on myself and the car. I'm on stock suspension, minor bolt ons, and no tune. I don't track the car, nor do I really plan to. I made it to 30k miles on stock tires before switching to these. Even at that millage I still wasn't able to break traction even in relatively aggressive cornering. Straight line traction however was definitely suffering. Anyway, lets begin!

PROS
They're cheap. I paid $285 shipped for these on ebay.
They look great. The tread pattern is very aggressive.
They ride smooth after about 150 miles of break in.
Every day driving traction is great, no different than stock.
They have a softer sidewall which I immediately noticed made the car ride better.

CONS
They are louder than stock. Not unbearable but definitely louder.
The side walls are softer like I said. You loose that "snap" feeling stock tires have because of that.
They're made in Taiwan. I'm not sure that necessarily bad, but known to be a low quality standards country.

Overall I'm pleased for the money I spent. If you track your car, these aren't for you. I think the sidewalls are just too soft. However, that being said for a daily driver that likes to drive with spirit, they work great. They have a 240 tread wear so they should last a little longer than stock, and at this price they're cheap to replace. As long as the build quality is decent, I'll continue to run these as a budget performance tire.

DaveG99

Im sure they are decent but im going to go with the firehawk indy 500's for another $70