Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Owner From Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania

BlipBrian

What's up, everybody! My name is Brian. New here, but not new to forums. I used to be fairly involved in a Maxima forum, before the Maxima community went downhill. Anyway, I just picked up a brand new Fiesta ST on Monday! I've always been a Japanese manufacturer purist, so I am brand new to Ford. My wife and I just had our first baby girl about 8 weeks ago, so it was time to make the move out of my fumey and obnoxious 2002 WRX wagon (for sale, by the way). I understand this is a small car, and not necessarily the very best car to handle a baby... But I have a very short commute to work, and once my wife goes back to work and I start the daily morning drop off at my sister's place (cheap and trustworthy child care!), I'll still only total about 15 miles per week day. So it won't be "babied" for more than 1-1.5 hours per week. We were looking into some of the cheaper options as opposed to a new WRX, which was my original goal. The agreement was: get something a bit cheaper, and I can get myself a new project to mod the piss out of. Sold. After driving a few cars like the Mazda 3, the Corolla iM, and the ST, it was very clear that the ST was the winner. So much car for the money, better interior, more features, better visibility, better clutch and shift feel, I can hear it, and it actually goes somewhere when I press the gas pedal. Honestly, this car is much more comparable to the WRX than I anticipated. Man, am I glad we decided to check out the cheaper options! This car checks all of the "wife/mom" boxes, as well as the boxes for my "enthusiast needs." I wound up with more options than I originally intended, but I love all of them, so I won't complain. Sticker was $24,000 and change, $25,000 and change after tax and tags and all that. Took the $3,000 rebate and couldn't get 'em lower than $21,500. Put $2,700 down and got a decent interest rate. So that's my story! I look forward to getting to know you all, and learning all of your insights on maintenance, modifications, performance gains, cleaning suggestions, tips, tricks, and whatever else this slick little car has up its sleeve!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard and congratulations on both the baby and the car!

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
ah, the Lehigh Valley...my old stomping grounds

welcome aboard!

I worked for Sure Fit Inc for almost 14 years lol
lived in Trexlertown, Allentown, and Whitehall as a young single man

those were the days....

anyway
welcome and congrats on the FIST and little miracle.....you'll have your hands full with both especially if you hang out on here a lot! haha

[lovest]