Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb exhaust vs. Thermal R&D exhaust

Cobb exhaust vs. Thermal R&D exhaust

• Cobb

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Thermal

Votes: 31 73.8%

• Total voters

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I completely open minded to both. Originally wanted Cobb but recently discovered Thermal.

Are u gonna upgrade the turbo? Cobb is 2.5", thermal is 3". I plan on doing a turbo so I'll be going 3". I'm just not too hot on the thermal tips so it'll probably be cp-e for me.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Thread has 118 views but only 1 vote...cmon now.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
As much as I love my Nexus system (cp-e), IF I knew about the Thermal at the time, and Ron carried them with his discounts then, I probably would have gone for the Thermal (and yes, changed out the tips for a big turn down).

I would ABSOLUTELY take it over the Cobb, NOT because the Cobb is not a great system, but because it is 2.5", and like The Grouch says above, I want a 3" system that is 'power mod-proof', just in case. ;)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
As much as I love my Nexus system (cp-e), IF I knew about the Thermal at the time, and Ron carried them with his discounts then, I probably would have gone for the Thermal (and yes, changed out the tips for a big turn down).

I would ABSOLUTELY take it over the Cobb, NOT because the Cobb is not a great system, but because it is 2.5", and like The Grouch says above, I want a 3" system that is 'power mod-proof', just in case. ;)
I don't understand the issue with the tips?
Does everyone think they are Ricer burnt tip look?
If so they aren't. The very edge of mine has a slight.minimal sign of this color but you have to get really close to see it. From standing height, my tips are polished.

Just to clarify

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I don't understand the issue with the tips?
Does everyone think they are Ricer burnt tip look?
If so they aren't. The very edge of mine has a slight.minimal sign of this color but you have to get really close to see it. From standing height, my tips are polished.

Just to clarify
It's not that, it's just that I personally do not like silver/chrome/polished looking tips at all on MY rides.

So I would personally just Cerakote the Thermal tips glacier/satin black (like I did to the cp-e tips, and will do to the Ultimate racing turn down eventually), and also get that same turn down coated black, and switch off for variety's sake between the two, just as I plan to do with the Nexus tips. ;)

I would do the above on ANY car I own, not just the FiST.

I would have to see close up pictures of the tips, but I really want black. Thermal sounds sexy AF, Ron, bravo on getting the exhaust for the FiST! I may change my mind when the time comes to buy my exhaust.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I would have to see close up pictures of the tips, but I really want black. Thermal sounds sexy AF, Ron, bravo on getting the exhaust for the FiST! I may change my mind when the time comes to buy my exhaust.
It does NOT cost that much (maybe $30.00 MAX) to Cerakote the Thermal tips black,
It comes out REALLY good, and is the best thing to use as far as longevity/durability goes against heat, and other environmental factors. ;)

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
I'm thinking Thermal as well. I see no issue with the tips either. I think they look quite good, I like the logo too.
[MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] How much longer will the Thermal be on sale on your site?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I'm thinking Thermal as well. I see no issue with the tips either. I think they look quite good, I like the logo too.
[MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] How much longer will the Thermal be on sale on your site?
You're good - take your time[like]

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Should have my order in by tomorrow for the Thermal.
awesome!
let me know if you need any hangers......
I'll make a deal for you....enter the order today and I'll throw in 3 POWERFLEX hangers for FREE[drummer]

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
awesome!
let me know if you need any hangers......
I'll make a deal for you....enter the order today and I'll throw in 3 POWERFLEX hangers for FREE[drummer]
Damn lol, that would be awesome but can't do it until tomorrow

Thread has 118 views but only 1 vote...cmon now.
What is the point in the poll?
Which has the nicer name? Which looks better? Which sounds better? Which is the larger exhaust? Which one would you buy? Which one did you buy? ...etc.
What are you trying to find out?

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #20
What is the point in the poll?
Which has the nicer name? Which looks better? Which sounds better? Which is the larger exhaust? Which one would you buy? Which one did you buy? ...etc.
What are you trying to find out?
Just in general really. Then as people compare the two they'll give their opinions on both with pros, cons, etc.