Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TDavis' Platinum Warrior build

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #21
I got more pictures to post up. Just haven't gotten the chance.

A few updates though:

-The Big Mouth V3 still makes the bumper buldge a little bit but its not noticeable unless you're really looking for it or if you're standing directly in front of the bumper a couple inches away and looking down at the hood/bumper crease.

-I installed the stage 1 91 tune on the ST last night with my freshly ordered Cobb AP. The car feels alive now! You can definitely tell the torque increase.

-My RAMAIR filter should be coming in today so that'll be installed tonight.

-I ordered the lamp assy. for the ambient lighting that is above the glovebox that they deleted for 2017 so that'll get here whenever it gets here.

-Ordered the Focus RS shift knob. It's identical to our shift knob except the font is blue instead of red and that'll fit nicely with my theme. $30 my cost brand new from Ford couldn't pass up.

-I put in the $5 roll of blue trim that some have done to their ST's. Looks real nice and I agree with everyone else where it looks like it should have came like that from factory.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
Ordered an OEM Focus RS shift knob for the ST. Same exact one as the ST's just with blue lettering which will go well with my blue and white theme. Nice subtle details. Plus $30 was cheaper then $70-$80 for other knobs.

Also installed the RAMAIR filter the day after I installed the Cobb AP Stage 1 91 tune on the car. The turbo spooling up is much more audible now with the filter. Thanks to [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] for the fast delivery on the filter!

I uploaded Stage 0 at first because I thought a filter was required for atleast Stage 1. Drove around afterwards for a few miles and could tell at certain parts of the RPM range it wasn't happy. I kinda figured that since I had 91 in the car. Pulled off into a deserted straight for some pulls. Pulled into a parking lot shortly after I found out Cobb said it doesn't really need a aftermarket air filter for the Stage 1 tune. Shortly after that I uploaded the Stage 1 tune on it and immediately throughout the whole rev range noticed a difference. I didn't even need to go full throttle to feel the difference.

I don't know if i'll go 93 or not. As there is not much of a difference power wise and people have said their car runs better on a 91 tune, that could be the fuel quality in play but we'll see. I'm strict to Shell fuel only and we only have one in my town and it has 91 as its highest octane rating.

Air Filter comparisons

Focus RS knob pics

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
Mine being a 2017 it didn't come with the ambient lighting above the glovebox. I ordered the lamp and wiring assembly a little over a week ago and it came in today. Will be installing this this weekend after I find some solid wire.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24
Next big mod for the car will probably be a BBK. I'm going to get an upgraded intercooler but I don't see the point in that at this very moment since its winter.

Waiting to hear back from whoosh on the fitment of the K Sport BBK with 17s. If not, Wilwood it is.

Other misc. small mods coming will be the FSWerks Short throw kit, COBB RMM, spoiler extensions, and many other little things that I can't think of atm.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #25
Put in the new harness this afternoon after work. It works how it should now! I guess I got a faulty harness to begin with. Funny thing is that the build date on the good harness is 7/2011 and the build date on the bad one was 6/2010. Lights work how they should now and I'm going to route the extra 2 LEDs from the harness to be inside the glovebox so that I have lights for the glovebox. There is a hole and slit on the left side of the glovebox so that gives perfect room to route the wires through there.

The light bar is done. I just mocked up the 2 extra LEDs in their spots that I will soon mount them too. You cannot see the LEDs when looking into the glovebox normally, as seen in the blue ambient picture. The pink ambient picture is where you would have to duck down far in order to try to see them. So they're hidden from normal view.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
Took a short break from performance mods and installed the Morimoto XB LED projector fog lights a little over a week ago. They're seriously amazing. Really wide and excellent output.

Whoosh intercooler is coming shortly along with the newer Big Mouth with a nitrous blue flare instead of my current Perf blue., switching up my theme to white and Nitrous blue.

Those fog lights look great. Your car is coming along nicely. How are you liking the MeisterR's? I have a set on my Miata and love them, I'm considering them for the FiST too.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
Those fog lights look great. Your car is coming along nicely. How are you liking the MeisterR's? I have a set on my Miata and love them, I'm considering them for the FiST too.
So far I love them. I'm still learning when it comes to adjusting ride height and such since this is my first set of coil overs but its coming along. Being they're only $900 they're great for the price.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #29
Whoosh intercooler arrived along with the Nitrous blue Gen 3 Big Mouth! Will be installed after I get off work.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #30
Installed them last night. This intercooler cools pretty well!

Whoosh intercooler arrived along with the Nitrous blue Gen 3 Big Mouth! Will be installed after I get off work.

This build is looking great! I love the white and blue combo. How was the fitment of the whoosh intercooler? I've read that they can be a pretty tight fit and need some trimming. Looking into picking one up next.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #33
This build is looking great! I love the white and blue combo. How was the fitment of the whoosh intercooler? I've read that they can be a pretty tight fit and need some trimming. Looking into picking one up next.
You can read my review here I did on the intercooler. It is a really tight fit but still fits with minor trimming. Nothing major and doesn't make you regret the purchase. Pictures don't really do justice on the size difference between stock and the upgraded FMIC.

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/16349-Whoosh-FMIC-review

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #35
Last night I finally removed the vertical ribs on the lower grill and repainted my intercooler. When I got my intercooler I was using a blow tip to clean it off and noticed it was blowing all the paint off with it lol. Looks so much better now and I'm glad I don't have to look at it being splotchy with the paint anymore. Little things like this I've been meaning to do but have been too lazy. Clears my mind enormously now that it is done. I used a hot knife and my pocket knife to get the vertical ribs off. It was still daylight when I got done but I realized at that point that I didn't even take a picture of it done.

I also stole [MENTION=2176]blurred[/MENTION] headlights and I'll post more pics of those when its nicer out. Annoyingly chilly right now and it was 80 degrees two days ago.

Pics of when I got the headlights installed a few weeks ago.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #39
Love the headlights! Where did you get them?
Those headlights look great, they look like a custom retrofit... we need info! :)
x2

on my phone they almost looked like the depo euros but on my computer look like a retro. Corolla Led projectors maybe?
They're [MENTION=2176]blurred[/MENTION] 's headlights. Murano bowls, black series clear lenses, and Corolla LED projector with the Corolla shrouds. They're pretty nice at night! Paired with the Morimoto XB LED projector fogs they're amazing.

I'll get night pics with my DSLR soon.