Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

mcummings182's Blacked out FiST

I can finally post my build thread now that I have just about everything I want (for now lol)

Modifications
Cobb Accessport - Stage 3 Stratified tune (93 octane)
Depo Catless Downpipe
Depo Front Mount Intercooler
FSWERKS Intake
MBRP Cat-Back Exhaust
Mountune Sport Springs
Boomba Sound Symposer Delete
Boomba BOV Adapter
Cobb RMM

Cosmetic
XXR 527 17x7.5 Wheels
Boomba Wing Risers
Mountune Front Splitter
35% tint all around
Headlight and Taillight Tint
Rally Armor mud flaps
Boomba Racing engine bay accessories
Pokeball Shift Knob
RedlineGoods shift boot
Ford Power push to start button
LED Interior Lighting
Black/Red Ford badge overlays
No-Pistons dead pedal
Perrin 4" Shorty Antenna
Full audio upgrade

Nice build! Did you go straight to stage 3? I currently have just the flash tune from stratified and absolutely love it, however, from what I've been reading the rest of the bolt on don't yield a lot of power but rather efficiency. Curious to know how stratified's tune with a dp and intercooler compares to the flash on a stock car?

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Very nice job!

OP
mcummings182
Thread Starter #4
Nice build! Did you go straight to stage 3? I currently have just the flash tune from stratified and absolutely love it, however, from what I've been reading the rest of the bolt on don't yield a lot of power but rather efficiency. Curious to know how stratified's tune with a dp and intercooler compares to the flash on a stock car?
I started with Cobb stage 1 map because I didn't have an intercooler at the time to go to stage 2. After I got my intercooler and DP, I went right to Cobb stage 3 map. I barely noticed any difference at all and was not getting much boost. About a month or so ago I finally decided to get a stratified tune because of all the positive feedback. Holy shit...it woke the car the hell up! First gear no longer feels useless and the car launches.

Ah gotcha. I went with stage 1 OTS for two days while I waited for my tune from stratified that was included since I bought the AP from them. Stage 1 OTS vs the stratified tune was night and day even though I didn't have any bolt ons. I'm curious to know how the Stune improves with bolt ons. Stratified told me there were marginal gains with IC and DP but I can't see how since neither are really bottle necking. I understand the IC will lower charge temps but I don't see how that will increase power output, at least not significantly. I can see more effircnetly but no so much yield power. I think as long as we're at our turbos limits 26psi then there's not much to be gained. Idk

LILIKE16ST

Ah gotcha. I went with stage 1 OTS for two days while I waited for my tune from stratified that was included since I bought the AP from them. Stage 1 OTS vs the stratified tune was night and day even though I didn't have any bolt ons. I'm curious to know how the Stune improves with bolt ons. Stratified told me there were marginal gains with IC and DP but I can't see how since neither are really bottle necking. I understand the IC will lower charge temps but I don't see how that will increase power output, at least not significantly. I can see more effircnetly but no so much yield power. I think as long as we're at our turbos limits 26psi then there's not much to be gained. Idk
Cobb ots maps are tuned to hit 21psi but they hit that early and fall quick after that. I been running ots stage 2 for almost a week while I wait on my strat tune for both 93 and e30. I hear it hits 24-26 psi and holds above 20 till after 4500 rpm when Cobb stage 2 is below 20 from like 3000 on. I'm sure its def quicker overall and way more driveable. It isn't about peak numbers its about average power across the whole curve strat may not do a lot more peak power on a dyno but I'd be willing to bet it's a significant jump on average power across the curve and more driveable. More power across the curve equals a faster car period. I'm pumped about my strat tune especially trying out e30!!

BTW intercoolers can keep temps significantly lower which will def make your car faster not to mention tuning can be more aggressive safely making even more power. I did a pull other day with my depo cooler. Ambient was 40 charge temp was 45 at the start of pull because I was sitting at idle waiting for traffic to clear. I pulled 1-4th gear redlining and ffs every gear and charge temp never got over 52 that's 7 degrees across a 4 gear pull and soon as I let out temps shot back into the 40s again I've heard stories of stock coolers rising 30+ across a single gear pull in 30 degree temps and 40-50 during summer and it takes a while for the temps to go back down so on a 1\4 mile race or canyon run a car with a depo or other nice fmic vs another st with stock cooler all else equal the upgraded fmic car will easily be quicker especially if tuned for it for a slight pickup in power. Fmic is a no brainer especially for 330 bucks new. You will have more power and have it way more consistantly even in couple gear pulls. 40+ degree rise in summer is insane across a couple gears when a depo rarely rises over 10 regardless and drops way faster when you let out.

I gotta update my SIG but I'm about to get suspension goodies RMM shifter intake etc and I will update accordingly. Sorry for the long post I just don't want anyone to misunderstand how much a good cooler is needed on this car and how much it helps especially when tuned...

*edit*
You may only gain slight peak power increases with the intercooler even when tuned for it vs tuned with stock cooler but you will always have that power instead of having it for one gear then dropping off from there depending how long the pull is and how long you stay in it. I'd rather have 210 HP all the time vs 205 for one gear then dropping to 200....190....180...etc (just an example) so it may not gain a lot of peak power but it will stop you from losing it which you will do with a stock cooler especially once tuned...