Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Funny thing...TPMS related

cxwrench

Got my new rims/tires last Thursday, installed them that evening. Ordered them from TireRack and didn't buy new TPMS sensors. Just realized today that the TPMS light still isn't on. I've put probably a little over a hundred miles on since I bolted them on and the car hasn't realized it yet. I thought I'd be taping over the light but it hasn't come on...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Do you park in a garage at night which contains your factory wheel setup with the factory transmitters, or are those wheels somewhere within range of the car at home?

The few times I was able to park in the garage overnight with my transmitter-less Pro Race 1.2s on the car, the light never came on (as long as I never drove over ~25 miles that day) and the factory wheels with the transmitters were down in the cellar at that time. ;)

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Otherwise, I'd say enjoy it while you can. I've been without TPMS for about a year now. Waiting until I replace my tires to install mine. I've gotten used to it now a bit but the first couple of months or sore were VERY annoying to say the least...

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

OP
cxwrench

cxwrench

Thread Starter #4
No, I don't park close to the original wheels/tires. They're upstairs inside the concrete building I work in, car is out in the parking lot. I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed it stays off.

Disable your TPMS via forscan. I've been using wheels without TPMS for months with no light and no worries at all! :)

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Got my new rims/tires last Thursday, installed them that evening. Ordered them from TireRack and didn't buy new TPMS sensors. Just realized today that the TPMS light still isn't on. I've put probably a little over a hundred miles on since I bolted them on and the car hasn't realized it yet. I thought I'd be taping over the light but it hasn't come on...
Were the hundred miles accumulated from short trips? To trigger the TPMS you'll need to drive it long distance, when it happened to me I was on an hour long drive.

any windows laptop or tablet will work. Maybe a local FiST guy could help you out. I'd be willing to help anyone in my area. It literally takes all of two minutes to disable once it is set up.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Would this also allow one to turn off any air bag/SRS cluster lights as well (if one changes out the steering wheel/seats for aftermarket), or do the federal safety nazis make sure that light's code is so deeply encrypted that it could NEVER be touched??

I'm not sure on that, youd have to check once your in the program. There is a ton of parameters you can change. I know I've disabled my shift light using the same method. It is definitely a possibility though.

OP
cxwrench

cxwrench

Thread Starter #15
The light came on today in the middle of nice little drive on the back roads. Guess I'll have to get an OBD scanner and mess w/ forscan.