Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CD player dead.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
At 40k the CD player portion of my sync 3 headunit with nav has just given up on life. I put a clean unscratched cd in. It will attempt to read it, say disc error and spit it back out. I was listening to my cd on the way home from work tonight when it failed.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Because I don’t have a working computer or a new enough iPod. Not all of us are blessed with tons of spending money to have that stuff.

brbauer2

Sync 3 means 2016 or newer. Covered under warranty. Take it in.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Yeah setting up an appointment soon

Because I don’t have a working computer or a new enough iPod. Not all of us are blessed with tons of spending money to have that stuff.
Do you have a cell phone? And if you can't afford that either, what are you doing with a brand new $20K car? SMH [screwy]

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
I have a cell. But why pay extra for data usage when i already own the disc. Seems silly to pay for music twice don’t you think? My computer is currently dead and busted (something fried in it and it’s totally done for)

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Nevermind the quality of the speakers lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Easily changed lol. But the stock speakers are better that the MP3 files most people listen to and bitch about the system. At least CD's give you the best you can get from stock or upgraded speakers. If all you do is listen to files and radio stock is fine. If you are looking for the highest quality all needs to go. "What do you have in your wallet" becomes the question.
But the fact remains that the best audio signal from the stock system is the CD. I am an advocate for upgrading the speakers and an under seat sub if you want a low cost upgrade but I have no desire to go further than that in my car.

Wondering if my cd player is on its way out. There's a delay sometimes (10 seconds or more) before it begins playing. Seems to happen more when I am using the defrost or dash vents with the climate control set at +75 degrees.

Have you tried unplugging your battery and plugging it back on? It may just do the trick to reset it. Also, do you have Cobb accessport? Could that be the issue?

Ford Community Posts