Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

All season tires

I know all selson tires suck for the snow, but I'm in a dilemma.
I live in portland Oregon and I'm moving to Florida in December. I don't want to buy snow tires for just a month and try to sell them when I leave. My idea is to buy all seasons so I can use them in florida during the wet season, but I want to know which all season tired can handle a little bit of snow just it case it snows before I leave portland?

Zormecteon

I'm up in Kelso (60 miles north of Portland.. Michelin Pilot Sport As/3+ The PLUS was not made in time for me for my newest set, but they are the only tire I will put on my car. VERY NEARLY as good as Summer Only High Performance tires in the summer/hot weather, with next to no loss of grip in the wet, and acceptable traction in the light snow we usually get around the Pacific Northwest. They would probably work well in the Mid-West kind of snow, but as you know, Northwest snow is different than they have. .. You'll be delighted in Florida, and good to go here.

YMMV
My 2¢

OP
Anthizzle
Thread Starter #4
Awesome I was looking at those I just wasn't 100% sure since the sipping was that aggressive

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
They will be useless in even light snow, but the Nitto Neo Gens are sticky, and good in the wet and dry, and affordable (like less than half the cost of the AS/3+es, depending on where/when you buy them).

If I had to pick one which could at least get through snow and still be responsive and grippy in the dry, and wet when it's warm, yes, it would be the PS AS/3+ (WHY I ordered the car with the AS/3s on it from the factory instead of the Potenzas ;) ).

I thought about those as well but they don't cone in the correct size
Sorry I went down to 16’s, they were fine last winter in the snow and ride much better than my previous Pilot sport AS which I had on 17’s

haste

1000 Post Club
This. I use these on all my passenger vehicles as they handle great in the dry, wet and snow. I've used them in 4" of snow/slush on the roads without any issue. I was even able to get out of my parents .8 mile long driveway with 5 inches on it.

I thought about those as well but they don't cone in the correct size
205/45/17 the speedo is only off a few percent. no rubbing issues, either.

I'm on my second set of BFGoodrich Comp 2 All Seasons and I love them. They are second to the DWS in the snow just barely but way cheaper and I got around the snow in Denver last season with no issue at all. They have stiffer sidewall and better straight line grip as well which is nice. I want to say they are around $90 in 205/45R16.

I'm on my second set of BFGoodrich Comp 2 All Seasons and I love them. They are second to the DWS in the snow just barely but way cheaper and I got around the snow in Denver last season with no issue at all. They have stiffer sidewall and better straight line grip as well which is nice. I want to say they are around $90 in 205/45R16.
What he said.

Just bought these in 205/50/16. If they don't work well for winter I'll just use them year round and get real winter tires next year.

OP
Anthizzle
Thread Starter #12
Thanks every one for your input. I went with the pilot sport AS
Discount had rebates on them and also price matched with costco.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
IF BFG made the Comp A/S in our actual factory 17" size, they definitely WOULD BE in the running for me as replacements for the factory PS AS/3s. [:)]

They are less coin than their parent company's PS AS/3s, and look to be MUCH MUCH better in light snow than the Neo Gens, albeit probably squirmier in the dry than the Nittos. ;)

Yeah, I wish I could get the Comp2 A/S's for this car, they were great tires on my Miata.

-Rob

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, I wish I could get the Comp2 A/S's for this car, they were great tires on my Miata.

-Rob
Many on here will just go to the substantially taller 205/45-17 Comp 2 A/S, and get the 'benefit' of their cushier side wall for ride comfort/wheel protection, but they could rub, depending on the suspension setup (how stiff the springs/dampers) and amount of lowering (would most likely rub IF 'slammed').

My stock Michelin Sport Pilot 3 A/S are very impressive so far. I obviously can't comment on snow but i guarantee if you know how to drive properly, a light snow storm shouldn't be a problem. They seem to have very good dry/wet grip so far (had a few back road spirited runs in both) and haven't let me down in the least bit. I think you'll be happy with the performance... maybe not so much on the price but if you're going to spend money... it should be on one of the most important parts of the car.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I have had mine out in one light snow last winter, and yes, they did much better than I even expected, especially with the ASC nannies engaged. ;)

(WHY I am holding off on the expense of a dedicated winter wheel/tire setup for now.)