Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Need tire advice, just got a set of 15x8 Team Dynamics 1.2s.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
Enkei makes the 16x8 in a +35 I think but a 4x100

I'm thinking getting them and drilling out to 4x108 so I can still use my stock wheels on the street. I'm not down for the hub conversion

Zissou

Yeah there are a lot more options with the 4x100. I already have my winter set in a 4x108 as well as the OEMs so I'd rather not do the hub conversion. Having those wheels is certainly a sunk cost, but still it seems like a hassle.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
If I stick with the 17x7 wheel I'll be torn between those two sizes. I just really don't like the very low profile tires, I like a bit of meat in the sidewalls.
Same here.

If you are at OEM height, a 205/45 17 fits without rubbing. I had some Indy 500s at that size and that extra meat helped convince me to eventually get 15s. Now I'm running 195/55 but, assuming I don't lower my car again, once I replace these tires I'll likely go with 195/60 next...although I haven't completely ruled out a 185/60 or a 175/65.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Same here.

If you are at OEM height, a 205/45 17 fits without rubbing. I had some Indy 500s at that size and that extra meat helped convince me to eventually get 15s. Now I'm running 195/55 but, assuming I don't lower my car again, once I replace these tires I'll likely go with 195/60 next...although I haven't completely ruled out a 185/60 or a 175/65.

You are not going to put a 185/60, or 175/65 ([ohcrap]) on a 15x8, are you?!?!? [???:)]

That was my thought.... In other news... Winter mode.

205/50R15 direzzas to 195/55r15 ipikes.

I was planning to get a set of 15x7s to mount my winters on this year, but it just didn't pan out.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

neeqness

1000 Post Club
No, my wheels are 15x6.5. The 195s I have now bulge a bit (but it's understandable because they are a bit wide for 195).

I'd love to get a 15x8 though and maybe I will sometime in the future, but I got a good deal on these so I jumped on it. Besides I do a lot of touring on the highways so a narrower wheel is probably more practical for me...

DaveG99

Zissou

Same here.

No, my wheels are 15x6.5. The 195s I have now bulge a bit (but it's understandable because they are a bit wide for 195).

I'd love to get a 15x8 though and maybe I will sometime in the future, but I got a good deal on these so I jumped on it. Besides I do a lot of touring on the highways so a narrower wheel is probably more practical for me...
Mountune springs will be going on soon, likely this weekend.
My winter set up is also a 195. A 195/60-r15 on some 15x6.5 steelies. Very meaty. I'm a little worried if they'll rub when I lower. They're fine on stock height. If they rub, then expect a set of steelies / all-seasons for sale!

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Mountune springs will be going on soon, likely this weekend.
My winter set up is also a 195. A 195/60-r15 on some 15x6.5 steelies. Very meaty. I'm a little worried if they'll rub when I lower. They're fine on stock height. If they rub, then expect a set of steelies / all-seasons for sale!
They will rub if you drop it for sure. At stock height though I like how they fill in the gap and make the car "look" dropped. I got the 195/55 initially because I wanted to drop it but I will wait on that. As much as I would like to, it just does not seem practical for me here. Maybe I'll be selling my Eibach springs and stock shocks soon. But I think deep down I don't really want to yet...still holding on to hope, lol.

Zissou

They will rub if you drop it for sure. At stock height though I like how they fill in the gap and make the car "look" dropped. I got the 195/55 initially because I wanted to drop it but I will wait on that. As much as I would like to, it just does not seem practical for me here. Maybe I'll be selling my Eibach springs and stock shocks soon. But I think deep down I don't really want to yet...still holding on to hope, lol.

Well we'll find out empirically soon when the springs go on! I got the 195/60 because they were a really good deal and I did the math wrong on calculating overall diameter.
Original tires on the OEM rims are about at the end of their life, so they might get replaced with some all seasons so I can get some 15x8's with summers.

Luckily here in Va it doesn't get cold that quickly so I can keep the OEMs on. And when it does get cold I can just drive my Prelude while it's cold.

OP
F
Thread Starter #33
I went with the sport comps. Found a new set on ebay for $175 shipped which made my decision a no brainer. Wheels look good on the car, I'll post a pic later.

Zissou

They are not rubbing as it turns out. Been running them for a weeks with the Mountune lowering springs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

neeqness

1000 Post Club
They are not rubbing as it turns out. Been running them for a weeks with the Mountune lowering springs.

If I remember right, the mountunes have one of the shortest drops...still, I am thinking if you are not rubbing, it may be because the roads in your area are not quite so terrible. My Eibach springs were close to rubbing while running them with stock wheels, tires, and shocks and the reason I suspect this is because they actually did a couple times on a few sharp (unexpected) dips on the freeway. I didn't hold that against them though since I think they wouldn't have if I had been driving a bit slower.

It would be nice to see how they look though. Do you have any pics to share?

Zissou

If I remember right, the mountunes have one of the shortest drops...still, I am thinking if you are not rubbing, it may be because the roads in your area are not quite so terrible. My Eibach springs were close to rubbing while running them with stock wheels, tires, and shocks and the reason I suspect this is because they actually did a couple times on a few sharp (unexpected) dips on the freeway. I didn't hold that against them though since I think they wouldn't have if I had been driving a bit slower.

It would be nice to see how they look though. Do you have any pics to share?

My new phone doesn't have any pictures on this apparently. All I have is one pic from Instagram with the OEM wheels on. Need to get one of the winter set up.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaokSRMnVE4/

Zissou

Okay grabbed a picture of my car this morning. Lowered on Mountune springs, running 195/60r15 tires on 15x6(? X6.5 maybe?) wheels. No rubbing though it looks like a super tight fit.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
My new phone doesn't have any pictures on this apparently. All I have is one pic from Instagram with the OEM wheels on. Need to get one of the winter set up.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaokSRMnVE4/

Cool, I'll look out for it when you can. Maybe it'll inspire me to put my springs on...

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Okay grabbed a picture of my car this morning. Lowered on Mountune springs, running 195/60r15 tires on 15x6(? X6.5 maybe?) wheels. No rubbing though it looks like a super tight fit.

What kind of tires are they (the 195/60)?

Zissou

What kind of tires are they (the 195/60)?

Those 195/60r15's are Pirelli P4 all seasons. They are the most talkative tire I've ever used; squealing all the time fighting the torque. It's constant giggles.
Straight line grip is as you might imagine a touring tire would be, but they do really well in the snow with their tread being so deep (up to the couple inches we get here). They've gotten me to a few ski resorts in WV though. Obviously a true winter tire would perform better in the snow, but Va gets so many warm days and so few snow days that this is a better set up for me. Another aspect of them being a touring tire is that they're very soft riding and quiet. They're awesome for road trips.