Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Need tire advice, just got a set of 15x8 Team Dynamics 1.2s.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Those 195/60r15's are Pirelli P4 all seasons. They are the most talkative tire I've ever used; squealing all the time fighting the torque. It's constant giggles.
Straight line grip is as you might imagine a touring tire would be, but they do really well in the snow with their tread being so deep (up to the couple inches we get here). They've gotten me to a few ski resorts in WV though. Obviously a true winter tire would perform better in the snow, but Va gets so many warm days and so few snow days that this is a better set up for me. Another aspect of them being a touring tire is that they're very soft riding and quiet. They're awesome for road trips.
I've been really considering dropping my car again with my Eibach springs but I also wanted to get a higher sidewall than my current 195/55s which come in wider than a typical 195 but also sit a bit taller and feel in the gap a bit to give me a slightly dropped look although it's really at stock height. I'm a bit worried that if I drop my car I'll rub on a taller sidewall, but this gives me some hope.

I'm also considering a 185/65 but it will most likely come down to which ever size comes at the better deal when I take the plunge and maybe whether I decide to stick with the Eibachs.

Are you using stock shocks with your Mountune springs?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Zissou

I've been really considering dropping my car again with my Eibach springs but I also wanted to get a higher sidewall than my current 195/55s which come in wider than a typical 195 but also sit a bit taller and feel in the gap a bit to give me a slightly dropped look although it's really at stock height. I'm a bit worried that if I drop my car I'll rub on a taller sidewall, but this gives me some hope.

I'm also considering a 185/65 but it will most likely come down to which ever size comes at the better deal when I take the plunge and maybe whether I decide to stick with the Eibachs.

Are you using stock shocks with your Mountune springs?

Stock shocks, yes. They say the springs were designed to be used with the stock shocks, which I can totally believe because it feels so right.

185/65 seems a little too small to run on a 15x8, no? I would mount them on a 15x7 at the widest.

I sold those 195/60r15's to another forum member. Putting on some all seasons on the OEM wheels while I wait for my Team Dynamics 1.2 15x8's to come in.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Stock shocks, yes. They say the springs were designed to be used with the stock shocks, which I can totally believe because it feels so right.

185/65 seems a little too small to run on a 15x8, no? I would mount them on a 15x7 at the widest.

I sold those 195/60r15's to another forum member. Putting on some all seasons on the OEM wheels while I wait for my Team Dynamics 1.2 15x8's to come in.
I would like a 15x8 but currently my wheel is 15x6.5. For the driving I do right now though, this size wheel is probably best overall for me. I haven't made up my mind yet on the tire. Most likely that or a 195/60.

Hopefully, one day maybe I'll pick up one of the TD Pros too...soo many mods soo little time (and money, haha)

anticon

I just ordered a set of 15x8 TD Pro Race 1.2s and I am planning on putting 2015/50/15 Nitto Neo Gens on (based on RAAMAudio's recommendation). I called discount tire today and they said that they wouldn't mount the tires to the wheels because Nitto says they only fit up to 7.5" wheel. They said it was because of their safety policy. This is my first time trying to get any aftermarket wheels or tires out of spec. How are people getting around getting tires like this mounted and balanced? It seems like I should be able to sign a waiver or something. I assume this setup can't be too unsafe if other people are doing it. Thanks.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I just ordered a set of 15x8 TD Pro Race 1.2s and I am planning on putting 2015/50/15 Nitto Neo Gens on (based on RAAMAudio's recommendation). I called discount tire today and they said that they wouldn't mount the tires to the wheels because Nitto says they only fit up to 7.5" wheel. They said it was because of their safety policy. This is my first time trying to get any aftermarket wheels or tires out of spec. How are people getting around getting tires like this mounted and balanced? It seems like I should be able to sign a waiver or something. I assume this setup can't be too unsafe if other people are doing it. Thanks.
I looked around locally for smaller type shops where the owner is doing the work and/or where some of the good reviews include someone getting "mods" done.

Another good source if you are in a local car club (FiST or others) is to ask some of the members where they go. You can get some good recommendations that way and may make it worth it to join one all by itself...

I really like Firestone Auto Repair Shops. Most of them in my area do great work but for some reason they refuse to install aftermarket or use any parts but their own. However, they have an unlimited alignment/balancing service which is fairly reasonable. (So glad I spent the money on this awhile ago.)

So I find a nice small local inexpensive tire shop to change my tires (they usually balance too - though not quite as good as Firestone). Then take my car ASAP to Firestone and have them do the final alignment/balancing. Usually knocks any issues that may come up with my wheels and tires right out and may slip in an oil change/tire rotation so I don't feel like a total mooch, lol. Same for wheel changeouts or after other suspension type mods. This has worked well for me so far...