Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Senior Member 79 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    LA
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zissou View Post
    Mountune springs will be going on soon, likely this weekend.
    My winter set up is also a 195. A 195/60-r15 on some 15x6.5 steelies. Very meaty. I'm a little worried if they'll rub when I lower. They're fine on stock height. If they rub, then expect a set of steelies / all-seasons for sale!
    They will rub if you drop it for sure. At stock height though I like how they fill in the gap and make the car "look" dropped. I got the 195/55 initially because I wanted to drop it but I will wait on that. As much as I would like to, it just does not seem practical for me here. Maybe I'll be selling my Eibach springs and stock shocks soon. But I think deep down I don't really want to yet...still holding on to hope, lol.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Charlottesville
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neeqness View Post
    They will rub if you drop it for sure. At stock height though I like how they fill in the gap and make the car "look" dropped. I got the 195/55 initially because I wanted to drop it but I will wait on that. As much as I would like to, it just does not seem practical for me here. Maybe I'll be selling my Eibach springs and stock shocks soon. But I think deep down I don't really want to yet...still holding on to hope, lol.

Well we'll find out empirically soon when the springs go on! I got the 195/60 because they were a really good deal and I did the math wrong on calculating overall diameter.
    Original tires on the OEM rims are about at the end of their life, so they might get replaced with some all seasons so I can get some 15x8's with summers.

Luckily here in Va it doesn't get cold that quickly so I can keep the OEMs on. And when it does get cold I can just drive my Prelude while it's cold.
    2014 Tuxedo Black Fiesta ST, Recaros, Nav, Sunroof
    Cobb AccessPort V3 (Stage 3), Cobb Downpipe, Cobb Exhaust Hangers, MAP Cat Back Exhaust, Injen Intake,
    Deadhook Motorsports FMIC (factory-fit, black), Cobb RMM, DIY Sound Symposer Delete, MBRP Hot side charge pipe,
    Velossa Tech Big Mouth, Damond Oil Catch Can w/VTA & nylon sleeves, H&R Camber bolts, Mountune lowering springs

2012 Ducati Monster 1100 Evo
    1997 Honda Prelude

Member 36 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Eastern Florida
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

I went with the sport comps. Found a new set on ebay for $175 shipped which made my decision a no brainer. Wheels look good on the car, I'll post a pic later.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Charlottesville
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are not rubbing as it turns out. Been running them for a weeks with the Mountune lowering springs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Cobb AccessPort V3 (Stage 3), Cobb Downpipe, Cobb Exhaust Hangers, MAP Cat Back Exhaust, Injen Intake,
    Deadhook Motorsports FMIC (factory-fit, black), Cobb RMM, DIY Sound Symposer Delete, MBRP Hot side charge pipe,
    Velossa Tech Big Mouth, Damond Oil Catch Can w/VTA & nylon sleeves, H&R Camber bolts, Mountune lowering springs

1997 Honda Prelude

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    LA
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are not rubbing as it turns out. Been running them for a weeks with the Mountune lowering springs.

If I remember right, the mountunes have one of the shortest drops...still, I am thinking if you are not rubbing, it may be because the roads in your area are not quite so terrible. My Eibach springs were close to rubbing while running them with stock wheels, tires, and shocks and the reason I suspect this is because they actually did a couple times on a few sharp (unexpected) dips on the freeway. I didn't hold that against them though since I think they wouldn't have if I had been driving a bit slower.

It would be nice to see how they look though. Do you have any pics to share?

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Charlottesville
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I remember right, the mountunes have one of the shortest drops...still, I am thinking if you are not rubbing, it may be because the roads in your area are not quite so terrible. My Eibach springs were close to rubbing while running them with stock wheels, tires, and shocks and the reason I suspect this is because they actually did a couple times on a few sharp (unexpected) dips on the freeway. I didn't hold that against them though since I think they wouldn't have if I had been driving a bit slower.

It would be nice to see how they look though. Do you have any pics to share?

My new phone doesn't have any pictures on this apparently. All I have is one pic from Instagram with the OEM wheels on. Need to get one of the winter set up.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaokSRMnVE4/

1997 Honda Prelude

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Charlottesville
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay grabbed a picture of my car this morning. Lowered on Mountune springs, running 195/60r15 tires on 15x6(? X6.5 maybe?) wheels. No rubbing though it looks like a super tight fit.

1997 Honda Prelude

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    LA
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My new phone doesn't have any pictures on this apparently. All I have is one pic from Instagram with the OEM wheels on. Need to get one of the winter set up.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaokSRMnVE4/

Cool, I'll look out for it when you can. Maybe it'll inspire me to put my springs on...

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    LA
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay grabbed a picture of my car this morning. Lowered on Mountune springs, running 195/60r15 tires on 15x6(? X6.5 maybe?) wheels. No rubbing though it looks like a super tight fit.

What kind of tires are they (the 195/60)?

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Charlottesville
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    What kind of tires are they (the 195/60)?

Those 195/60r15's are Pirelli P4 all seasons. They are the most talkative tire I've ever used; squealing all the time fighting the torque. It's constant giggles.
    Straight line grip is as you might imagine a touring tire would be, but they do really well in the snow with their tread being so deep (up to the couple inches we get here). They've gotten me to a few ski resorts in WV though. Obviously a true winter tire would perform better in the snow, but Va gets so many warm days and so few snow days that this is a better set up for me. Another aspect of them being a touring tire is that they're very soft riding and quiet. They're awesome for road trips.

1997 Honda Prelude

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234