Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 40 of 40
  1. #31
    Senior Member 79 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    May 2016
    City
    LA
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,050
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    79


    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zissou View Post
    Mountune springs will be going on soon, likely this weekend.
    My winter set up is also a 195. A 195/60-r15 on some 15x6.5 steelies. Very meaty. I'm a little worried if they'll rub when I lower. They're fine on stock height. If they rub, then expect a set of steelies / all-seasons for sale!
    They will rub if you drop it for sure. At stock height though I like how they fill in the gap and make the car "look" dropped. I got the 195/55 initially because I wanted to drop it but I will wait on that. As much as I would like to, it just does not seem practical for me here. Maybe I'll be selling my Eibach springs and stock shocks soon. But I think deep down I don't really want to yet...still holding on to hope, lol.

    Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

  2. #32
    Member 93 Rep Points Zissou's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    City
    Charlottesville
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    444
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    93


    Quote Originally Posted by neeqness View Post
    They will rub if you drop it for sure. At stock height though I like how they fill in the gap and make the car "look" dropped. I got the 195/55 initially because I wanted to drop it but I will wait on that. As much as I would like to, it just does not seem practical for me here. Maybe I'll be selling my Eibach springs and stock shocks soon. But I think deep down I don't really want to yet...still holding on to hope, lol.

    Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
    Well we'll find out empirically soon when the springs go on! I got the 195/60 because they were a really good deal and I did the math wrong on calculating overall diameter.
    Original tires on the OEM rims are about at the end of their life, so they might get replaced with some all seasons so I can get some 15x8's with summers.

    Luckily here in Va it doesn't get cold that quickly so I can keep the OEMs on. And when it does get cold I can just drive my Prelude while it's cold.
    2014 Tuxedo Black Fiesta ST, Recaros, Nav, Sunroof
    Cobb AccessPort V3 (Stage 3), Cobb Downpipe, Cobb Exhaust Hangers, MAP Cat Back Exhaust, Injen Intake,
    Deadhook Motorsports FMIC (factory-fit, black), Cobb RMM, DIY Sound Symposer Delete, MBRP Hot side charge pipe,
    Velossa Tech Big Mouth, Damond Oil Catch Can w/VTA & nylon sleeves, H&R Camber bolts, Mountune lowering springs

    2012 Ducati Monster 1100 Evo
    1997 Honda Prelude

  3. #33
    Member 36 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

    Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    City
    Eastern Florida
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    255
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    36


    1 Likes

    I went with the sport comps. Found a new set on ebay for $175 shipped which made my decision a no brainer. Wheels look good on the car, I'll post a pic later.

  4. #34
    Member 93 Rep Points Zissou's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    City
    Charlottesville
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    444
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    93


    Quote Originally Posted by neeqness View Post
    They will rub if you drop it for sure. At stock height though I like how they fill in the gap and make the car "look" dropped. I got the 195/55 initially because I wanted to drop it but I will wait on that. As much as I would like to, it just does not seem practical for me here. Maybe I'll be selling my Eibach springs and stock shocks soon. But I think deep down I don't really want to yet...still holding on to hope, lol.

    Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
    They are not rubbing as it turns out. Been running them for a weeks with the Mountune lowering springs.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    2014 Tuxedo Black Fiesta ST, Recaros, Nav, Sunroof
    Cobb AccessPort V3 (Stage 3), Cobb Downpipe, Cobb Exhaust Hangers, MAP Cat Back Exhaust, Injen Intake,
    Deadhook Motorsports FMIC (factory-fit, black), Cobb RMM, DIY Sound Symposer Delete, MBRP Hot side charge pipe,
    Velossa Tech Big Mouth, Damond Oil Catch Can w/VTA & nylon sleeves, H&R Camber bolts, Mountune lowering springs

    2012 Ducati Monster 1100 Evo
    1997 Honda Prelude

  5. #35
    Senior Member 79 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    May 2016
    City
    LA
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,050
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    79


    Quote Originally Posted by Zissou View Post
    They are not rubbing as it turns out. Been running them for a weeks with the Mountune lowering springs.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    If I remember right, the mountunes have one of the shortest drops...still, I am thinking if you are not rubbing, it may be because the roads in your area are not quite so terrible. My Eibach springs were close to rubbing while running them with stock wheels, tires, and shocks and the reason I suspect this is because they actually did a couple times on a few sharp (unexpected) dips on the freeway. I didn't hold that against them though since I think they wouldn't have if I had been driving a bit slower.

    It would be nice to see how they look though. Do you have any pics to share?

    Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

  6. #36
    Member 93 Rep Points Zissou's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    City
    Charlottesville
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    444
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    93


    Quote Originally Posted by neeqness View Post
    If I remember right, the mountunes have one of the shortest drops...still, I am thinking if you are not rubbing, it may be because the roads in your area are not quite so terrible. My Eibach springs were close to rubbing while running them with stock wheels, tires, and shocks and the reason I suspect this is because they actually did a couple times on a few sharp (unexpected) dips on the freeway. I didn't hold that against them though since I think they wouldn't have if I had been driving a bit slower.

    It would be nice to see how they look though. Do you have any pics to share?

    Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
    My new phone doesn't have any pictures on this apparently. All I have is one pic from Instagram with the OEM wheels on. Need to get one of the winter set up.

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BaokSRMnVE4/

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    2014 Tuxedo Black Fiesta ST, Recaros, Nav, Sunroof
    Cobb AccessPort V3 (Stage 3), Cobb Downpipe, Cobb Exhaust Hangers, MAP Cat Back Exhaust, Injen Intake,
    Deadhook Motorsports FMIC (factory-fit, black), Cobb RMM, DIY Sound Symposer Delete, MBRP Hot side charge pipe,
    Velossa Tech Big Mouth, Damond Oil Catch Can w/VTA & nylon sleeves, H&R Camber bolts, Mountune lowering springs

    2012 Ducati Monster 1100 Evo
    1997 Honda Prelude

  7. #37
    Member 93 Rep Points Zissou's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    City
    Charlottesville
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    444
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    93


    Okay grabbed a picture of my car this morning. Lowered on Mountune springs, running 195/60r15 tires on 15x6(? X6.5 maybe?) wheels. No rubbing though it looks like a super tight fit.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    2014 Tuxedo Black Fiesta ST, Recaros, Nav, Sunroof
    Cobb AccessPort V3 (Stage 3), Cobb Downpipe, Cobb Exhaust Hangers, MAP Cat Back Exhaust, Injen Intake,
    Deadhook Motorsports FMIC (factory-fit, black), Cobb RMM, DIY Sound Symposer Delete, MBRP Hot side charge pipe,
    Velossa Tech Big Mouth, Damond Oil Catch Can w/VTA & nylon sleeves, H&R Camber bolts, Mountune lowering springs

    2012 Ducati Monster 1100 Evo
    1997 Honda Prelude

  8. #38
    Senior Member 79 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    May 2016
    City
    LA
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,050
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    79


    Quote Originally Posted by Zissou View Post
    My new phone doesn't have any pictures on this apparently. All I have is one pic from Instagram with the OEM wheels on. Need to get one of the winter set up.

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BaokSRMnVE4/

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Cool, I'll look out for it when you can. Maybe it'll inspire me to put my springs on...

    Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

  9. #39
    Senior Member 79 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    May 2016
    City
    LA
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,050
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    79


    Quote Originally Posted by Zissou View Post
    Okay grabbed a picture of my car this morning. Lowered on Mountune springs, running 195/60r15 tires on 15x6(? X6.5 maybe?) wheels. No rubbing though it looks like a super tight fit.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    What kind of tires are they (the 195/60)?

    Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

  10. #40
    Member 93 Rep Points Zissou's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    City
    Charlottesville
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    444
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    93


    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by neeqness View Post
    What kind of tires are they (the 195/60)?

    Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
    Those 195/60r15's are Pirelli P4 all seasons. They are the most talkative tire I've ever used; squealing all the time fighting the torque. It's constant giggles.
    Straight line grip is as you might imagine a touring tire would be, but they do really well in the snow with their tread being so deep (up to the couple inches we get here). They've gotten me to a few ski resorts in WV though. Obviously a true winter tire would perform better in the snow, but Va gets so many warm days and so few snow days that this is a better set up for me. Another aspect of them being a touring tire is that they're very soft riding and quiet. They're awesome for road trips.
    2014 Tuxedo Black Fiesta ST, Recaros, Nav, Sunroof
    Cobb AccessPort V3 (Stage 3), Cobb Downpipe, Cobb Exhaust Hangers, MAP Cat Back Exhaust, Injen Intake,
    Deadhook Motorsports FMIC (factory-fit, black), Cobb RMM, DIY Sound Symposer Delete, MBRP Hot side charge pipe,
    Velossa Tech Big Mouth, Damond Oil Catch Can w/VTA & nylon sleeves, H&R Camber bolts, Mountune lowering springs

    2012 Ducati Monster 1100 Evo
    1997 Honda Prelude


 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •