Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How to check Intelligent Oil Life Monitor

CFar

I've got a new '17 ST (SYNC 3) with about 300 miles and can't find the oil life monitor. I've looked through the manual, setting screens and internet but can't find where I can actually check it.

Hoping someone here can enlighten me.

Many thanks,
Chris

I believe it is just a light that comes on at about 10k miles(depending on driving habits). Light looks like a wrench.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

DEss

I've got a new '17 ST (SYNC 3) with about 300 miles and can't find the oil life monitor. I've looked through the manual, setting screens and internet but can't find where I can actually check it.

Many thanks,
Chris
If you have an AP, you'll be able to chk it there; otherwise, I believe your stuck with just the wrench light.

OP
C

CFar

Thread Starter #4
If you have an AP, you'll be able to chk it there; otherwise, I believe your stuck with just the wrench light.
Gotcha, thanks guys. Seems silly that if you're caught with your pants down on a long road trip you could potentially go over the limit because you didn't have enough warning.

In any case, thanks.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club

Many thanks,
Chris
Try the index in the back of the manual, always good for locating info.......around page 36 in 2016 manual I believe.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Gotcha, thanks guys. Seems silly that if you're caught with your pants down on a long road trip you could potentially go over the limit because you didn't have enough warning.

In any case, thanks.
Just record it on paper , like in the olden days.

Just record it on paper , like in the olden days.
Or have any semblance or a regular oil change schedule... I do mine every 10k km, I don't even bother with a sticker because I do it on the 10s. So if I'm headed on a big trip, and I'm at 8k, I do it early. Not rocket surgery.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Spaceman_Spiff

Or have any semblance or a regular oil change schedule... I do mine every 10k km, I don't even bother with a sticker because I do it on the 10s. So if I'm headed on a big trip, and I'm at 8k, I do it early. Not rocket surgery.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
This. Every 5K for me. Easy enough to do the math. Doesn't have to be EXACTLY on 5k, but that's what I watch for. Next one at 35xxx.