Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

mountune Forged 1.6L EcoBoost Engine Component Kit

I was under the impression that the ford escape head was at risk of overheating due to a coolant flow issue, caused by a leak. Brian (formerly Sourskittle) would be an example of this issue. Then again he was the only person in these forums to have an overheating issue. He used a ford escape longblock with his cyborg setup, practically turned the head to junk.

heads are the same exact part number bm5z6049d

Some escape blocks/heads are different than fiesta blocks. Not sure when they changed over, maybe 13-14.

But the head in the fiestas have a secondary coolant temp sensor above the trans on drivers side. Early escapes are missing this, it's for cyl head over temp protection. Without being plugged in, the car will go into limp mode and coolant temp gauge will peg at max, must see temp change in coolant as well and not just plugged in. I'll see if I can snag a pic later today.

Just a fair warning as I've come across this many times while buying these used engines. Still have two 1.6s in the back of my truck. ;)

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
The key is to find a 1.6 Escape motor. Same exact motor, way cheaper cause it’s not “ST”
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and probably less abused... I called Mountune and they don't have an ETA on the kit. Sounds familiar.