Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo upgrade?

TRU

Currently pushing 20ibs im thinking to add another 25 to 30ibs of boost for my 2016 fiesta ST. Is it possible?

DaveG99

Im assuming ibs means lbs. And im hoping you mean rasing the boost to 25-30lbs and not adding 25lbs ontop of 20lbs making 45lbs!

If you just want your boost level higher get a tune. Im hitting 26psi on a stratified tune.

Bluedrank

Im assuming ibs means lbs. And im hoping you mean rasing the boost to 25-30lbs and not adding 25lbs ontop of 20lbs making 45lbs!

If you just want your boost level higher get a tune. Im hitting 26psi on a stratified tune.
Maybe he really wants the ibs man. I want the ibs now too, I think he's on to something. I have no clue what my ibs are at, but I sure as fuck want to add another 30ibs to whatever I'm running.

OP
TRU

TRU

Thread Starter #6
ok 50 bad idea...

well right now I'm pushing 20, I would like to add more. so if 50 is outrageous then what about 30-35?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
well right now I'm pushing 20, I would like to add more. so if 50 is outrageous then what about 30-35?
There are a few examples of 30-32 on the stock block. These cars have upgraded TMAP sensors because the stock sensor can only read up to 29psi. They are also on GTX2860s and GTX2867s with tubular manifolds. Other mods needed would auxiliary fueling and of course, a stout intercooler will be needed.

There is not yet a defined limit for boost on the stock block; however, mine took 36psi repeatedly in half mile, WOT racing. The relevant information here is that I was modded with Stratifieds aux fuel, big intercooler, GTX2867 with a tubular manifold, externally wastegated, upgraded TMAP sensor and Stratifieds Guardian Angel. Cylinder 3 piston was melted, and also warped the cylinder walls. I do not think it was boost that killed the motor. Had we had 4-port fueling for even distribution of fuel, it might have survived because it was definitely heat and lack of fuel that killed it. Keep in mind that it was pushed deliberately to failure. Guesstimated power was 430ish. Anyway, a completely safe limit for boost on the stock block is going to be 28-29psi.

Ford Community Posts