Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

antifreeze

trying to find antifreeze for my 2014 st i live in Canada and trying to find if anyone knows were to find other than ford dealer thanks for any answer

OP
R
Thread Starter #4
Found it on Walmart website and Canadian tire

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Is the Motorcraft orange coolant's formulation identical to regular old Dex Cool?

Last edited:
OP
R
Thread Starter #6
you have to use the new dex cool make sure it is orange as they also have a green version as well

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Dex Cool has always been an orange like color, ever since I first used it in my bought new 2000 Z28.

But color alone does NOT instantly translate into the same exact formulation as another factory specced coolant. ;)

OP
R
Thread Starter #9
My Ford dealer wants $40.00 for 4litre jug that's to much but it at Walmart $19.97

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
My Ford dealer wants $40.00 for 4litre jug that's to much but it at Walmart $19.97
YIKES! Even with the exchange rate considered, I only paid $18.00 a gallon for the specced Motorcraft swill at the stealership, not discounted at all.

I would never put dex cool in ANY of my vehicles.
I don't love the stuff either. But that's what comes in there. And most of the problems are with mixing it with other coolants. I just don't feel that I can get it all flushed out very easily so am thinking of just sticking with it for now.

OP
R
Thread Starter #13
well guys i found ford orange antifreeze at a town south of my place for $23.00 very happy with place

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Also, air intrusion into the system, AND using Red Line RED Water Wetter with it are the main culprits in 'Death Cool' having that horrid rep. ;)
Yep. Saturn SC2... DexCool turned to Diarrhea... seriously... it's like someone ate ten pounds of White Castle then took a sh*t in the reservoir and radiator. Flushed it half a dozen times. Needs a heater core, radiator and went through the trouble of discovering a coolant drain plug for the block. GM faced class action law suit(s) over that DexCrap. It's like they ran with it before actually testing it.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
After thoroughly flushing the Motorcraft stuff, you can run the tried and true Green stuff, with the understanding that it has a shorter change interval.

To note, I've not read about any issues with the Motorcraft stuff.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BNVK1NQ/
Stupidly expensive but it's not like I need a lot of it.
Got a gallon sitting in case any needs to be added before a frigid-cold snap or notice it's borderline low during an oil change check.
Note that the listing states that it is Ethylene-Glycol based.
EDIT: I did look that up by part number BTW.