Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bumper to fender alignment?

So, I hit a deer and have been pissing and moaning about it for about a year. Most of the damage has been repaired but a few nagging little things are pushing me to my limits of patience.

I have a gap on the front bumper to fender that is larger at the top and much smaller at the bottom. Illustrated (poorly) in image below.

I've already had the front clip off trying to get the gap smaller but the bolts on the fenders are as tight as they'll go.
What's the next step to get the gap out?

Looks like sliding the fender forwards a little might help to close that gap but will increase the door gaps?

Thanks for reading and any suggestions appreciated.

AzNightmare

Do you have any bigger pictures?
Is the top portion gap too close? Or is the bottom portion gap too wide?
Your post says the gap is larger at the top, but from your picture, it looks like the bottom portion has a bigger gap...

Whichever, what you can do is put in a thin plastic spacer. It's not perfect, but it's quick and easier than playing around with the fender. If you start shifting the fender around, you'll fix one thing and create two more problems, etc.

Make a spacer by cutting a small piece of plastic from something thin like plastic packaging

Drill a hole in the plastic spacer and put it around this peg. (Or on the other peg that's lower, not shown)

See if that helps to balance out the gap spacing.

I had to do something like this after a bumper repair, cause the autobody shop were noobs and couldn't get the alignment fixed and I didn't want them to touch my car anymore. If they can't figure it out, I'll rather do it myself then tell them to keep trying, lol

OP
TERAWR
Thread Starter #3
Hey, thanks for the reply, this actually was a stock image to give you an idea of what I'm talking about, I can get a picture a little later.

It seems like pulling the fenders forward a little would close the gap at the top (maybe 1/4") but I'm not sure what's involved with getting the fenders loose. I know that the passenger fender is an aftermarket and not OEM, so I'm thinking I might just replace it with another one if I can find a Kona blue one for "not too darn much" or I'll just order one from the dealer and get the whole car wrapped or something.