Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
7 Likes

Thread: Dealership Warranty Issues

Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Inland Empire
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dealership Warranty Issues

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I took my ST in to a local dealership for the axle seal leak. They called and said it’s not the axle seal, but my “aftermarket wastegate” (I don’t have one) that is leaking. Then when I get home from picking it up, I discover my passenger side rim has been curbed badly.

Any suggestions on how to deal with the dealer to rectify this? The paperwork I have when it was dropped off show no damage on the car.

I have a voicemail in with the service advisor and service manager, as I picked up the car 10 minutes before they closed and didn’t discover the damage on my wheel or read the tech notes till 30
    minutes after.

Administrator Staff Team 539 Rep Points MKVIIST's Avatar

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoyFiesta View Post
    I took my ST in to a local dealership for the axle seal leak. They called and said it’s not the axle seal, but my “aftermarket wastegate” (I don’t have one) that is leaking. Then when I get home from picking it up, I discover my passenger side rim has been curbed badly.

Any suggestions on how to deal with the dealer to rectify this? The paperwork I have when it was dropped off show no damage on the car.

I have a voicemail in with the service advisor and service manager, as I picked up the car 10 minutes before they closed and didn’t discover the damage on my wheel or read the tech notes till 30
    minutes after.
    Try speaking with the Service Manager.
    2014 Fiesta ST - Mountune Intake, Cobb Tune, 3M Clear Bra, 3M Window Tint, ESM Wheels, BC Coilovers, Bazooka Bass Tube, Rockford Fosgate Amp
    2016 Focus RS - Focus RS Build

Want a free FiestaSTForum decal? Click Here
    Follow Us On: Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Google+ - Flickr

Member 37 Rep Points

Medals
    City
    Dublin
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

A lot of curb damage can be repaired professionally without even removing the tire from the rim. Your dealer likely has a person who comes to the dealership. If it isn't made perfect, insist that they replace the wheel. If they don't take care of it, in lots of places you can file in small claims court for less than $100, and get your filing and service costs in addition to the cost of a new wheel. I would not put up with them jerking me around at all.
    2017 Orange Spice FiST
    Toyota 4Runner (dd and winter)
    Harley Davidson Road King (very built)
    Ducati Multistrada
    Vespa gts250

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    Westland
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

On the curbed wheel issue, I had the same exact thing happen when I went to my dealership for my first free service. Told them not to wash it since I knew they had a drive through wash in the back, did it anyways. I come to collect my car, do a little walk around to check it visually and there's a massive chunk of paint missing from my wheel. Hmmmm, wonder how that got there?

Took it up to the service manager, explained what happened, and had a wheel ordered for replacement within 10 minutes.

I'm sure if you take it up with the service manager they will do SOMETHING to fix it, but the place already sounds a little scummy..... Never know unless you try however. Hope everything is resolved for you mate!

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Makawao
    State
    HI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take a picture of the damage before you do anything else. That will lock in the date and time of the photo/damage.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Member 37 Rep Points

Medals
    City
    Dublin
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Smallu View Post
    On the curbed wheel issue, I had the same exact thing happen when I went to my dealership for my first free service. Told them not to wash it since I knew they had a drive through wash in the back, did it anyways. I come to collect my car, do a little walk around to check it visually and there's a massive chunk of paint missing from my wheel. Hmmmm, wonder how that got there?

Took it up to the service manager, explained what happened, and had a wheel ordered for replacement within 10 minutes.

I'm sure if you take it up with the service manager they will do SOMETHING to fix it, but the place already sounds a little scummy..... Never know unless you try however. Hope everything is resolved for you mate!
    The factory ST Supplement that comes with the car (at least for a 2017) specifically states that automatic car washes with a track should not be used with the ST. I guess it's not surprising to learn that some dealers would have no clue about this explicit warning provided by Ford.
    2017 Orange Spice FiST
    Ducati Multistrada
    Vespa gts250

Member 55 Rep Points

Medals
    City
    Brooklyn
    State
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I learned to never rush picking up my... I learned to never go to the dealer for anything.

Esp from my VW and Audi experiences. I had to fight to get my wheel fixed and prove it was damaged by them with GOOGLE MAPS, which showed that they had a yellow curb in their ramp and my wheel has YELLOW paint on it. You can only imagine the rage I had, and Audi of America basically told me tough shit, too bad, poor baby, now suck it up its just a rim. I had the black optics package so the wheels were an expensive upgrade, and Audi charges over 600 a wheel or something crazy like that, but they were all like we can repair it, and did a shitty job 3 times, then I got tired of it, since I couldnt get AoA to back me and just took the wheel with a crappy finish and small marks on it. Probably never gonna get Audi again because of this experience.

Medals
    City
    Inland Empire
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The dealer is having me take the car to their body shop Friday to have the wheel repaired. Service manager did not return any calls. As for the "aftermarket wastegate" they claim I have, they advised they "go by what the tech says" and told me to try another dealer.
    2016 White Platinum Fiesta ST (Tuned by Mountune, AEM Testing Intake, Deadhook Symposer Delete, XenonDepot LED low beams, Damond Motorsports OCC, CP-E Catback Exhaust, CP-E RMM, CFM Oil Cap Breather)

Member 37 Rep Points

Medals
    City
    Dublin
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm curious what would cause their tech to say that you have an aftermarket wastegate. Are you running a Boomba adapter plate or do you have a totally stock dv?
    2017 Orange Spice FiST
    Ducati Multistrada
    Vespa gts250

Medals
    City
    Inland Empire
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Totally stock DV.

The tech also thinks the car has a BOV and not a DV. I asked them to clarify what they are speaking about and they won't
    2016 White Platinum Fiesta ST (Tuned by Mountune, AEM Testing Intake, Deadhook Symposer Delete, XenonDepot LED low beams, Damond Motorsports OCC, CP-E Catback Exhaust, CP-E RMM, CFM Oil Cap Breather)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast