Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

problem with turbosmart shortie BOV

I have tried installing a turbosmart shortie dual port on my '16 3 times now. I can't for the life of me get it to vent to atmosphere. I just hear louder and more intense flutter when I increase boost and let off. I am running COBB stage 1 tune. Tried going back to stock tune and it didn't help. I pulled the vacuum line from the BOV and ran the engine= the vacuum line is sucking and the car idles fine when my thumb is on the end of the line, when I take my thumb off the car idle studders and then resumes normal operation. I didn't have another person to revv while I played with the vacuum line unfortunately.

Been working on this for 3 days now. Gone back to stock each time. I emailed Turbosmart.... waste of time. They told me "we never have issues with this product" and left it at that. Thanks. I tore it all apart and made sure the piston operated freely and that everything was lubed with mechanical oil. I played with every spring setting.

I had a '14 before my '16 with this exact BOV installed which is why I bought another one for my new car. I had a Tune+ tune on my last Fiesta... if that makes a difference. I know how this product is supposed to sound and act, but I can't get even a split second of WHOOOSH, only intense flutter. I don't want to hurt my turbo.

Help? Suggestions? Tomorrow I am going to try buying a new vacuum line and clamps, even though the unit I bought was brand new.

Is there a kink in the line anywhere. Sound like either the plunger rubber diaphragm is damaged or you have a sharp kink in the line some where.

Try loosening up the valve and tightening it just like in the video for the car to idle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk