Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Spurgeons [RE]Build Thread

Hi folks! My name is Gabriel, i am from North East PA, and this is my first venture into the Ford Hot Hatch game! I come from a long line of Volvos, as in two 850 T-5Rs, two 850Rs, an S60R, and most recently, a 2007 V70R;

Enjoyed 70,000 miles of ownership till it cracked a cylinder wall. Volvo made a poor design choice with the R's by boring the 2.3L blocks to 2.5, making the cylinder walls ~3mm thick, and running 1 bar of boost stock. So, I ended up selling the car to a friend of mine in Tacoma, WA, who will breathe new(er) life into it with a built and sleeved engine.

So my story of how I got into a FiST:

The R was great, fast, roomy, but 22 mpg sucked. I average 20,000 miles a year, and that is mostly driving alone. I was considering a Focus ST, but didn't want to get into car payments. The FiST fit the bill, but the cheapest one that I found with the ST3 package was over budget.

Enter Auctions.

2016 Kona Blue ST, ST3, 37k miles. Got it for a steal.

I am currently in the process of stripping it, and have most of the mechanical parts ordered. I hope to contribute to this community, and hopefully, i can garner some insight from the FiST community for my rebuild as well!

Enjoyed 70,000 miles of ownership till it cracked a cylinder wall. Volvo made a poor design choice with the R's by boring the 2.3L blocks to 2.5, making the cylinder walls ~3mm thick, and running 1 bar of boost stock. So, I ended up selling the car to a friend of mine in Tacoma, WA, who will breathe new(er) life into it with a built and sleeved engine.
Thats the same Problem and the Same Engine the Focus Mk2 STs have here in Europe, only the RS Mk2 had a modified reinforced Block wich has no Problems with that.

OP
SPURGEONS_BEARD
Thread Starter #3
yep! and the RS Mk2 has a bigger Oil Cooler than the R's. Awesome cars they are, but shame about the thin walls [V]

Waiting for parts to get in! Dropped off the fenders for paint earlier today, and installed the new crash bar today!

Old thread but damn I love that Volvo! Anything ever happen with your fiesta?