Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

AET VT330R Hybrid

Just curious if anyone knows anything about his little puppy? Did some forum searching and nothing turned up.

https://www.aetmotorsportshop.co.uk/products/aet-motorsport-vt330-hybrid-turbo-kit-ford-fiesta-st-1-6t

https://www.aet-motorsport.co.uk/blog/product-comparison-hybrid-turbos-vt330r-vs-x-47/

We are proud to bring you the ultimate in hybrid turbos. The VT330R has been developed in house using our years of experience and knowledge when it comes to turbochargers. The VT330R offers reliability with an OEM feel with none of the additional whistles found on other hybrid turbos.

We have specifically designed this unit with a new AET Proprietary V2 Compressor cover that offers larger internal volume this not only avoids the potential of super heating charged air but offers a greater flow of air at high engine speeds resulting in fantastic power gains without running high boost pressure.

Most important to ensure the longevity and reliability of this OEM+ unit we have moved away from the inherently weak KP39 bearing architecture to the more suitable KO4 journal bearing system found in our VAG range capable of 400hp and more. We have coupled this with an AET Motorsport K14 thrust bearing system.

This unit has been PERON approved and can be supplied directly inclusive of tuning.

The VT330R features

AET proprietary V2 compressor cover with integrated recirc, CNC machined for hi-flow billet compressor wheel
K06 46mm inducer billet compressor wheel with extended tips
70mm billet bell mouth for seamless air intake transition from ITG cross over pipe
K04 turbine wheel and shaft with race cutback
K04 journal bearing system for increased radial load durability
AET K14 proprietary large 6 pad thrust bearing for 2.0 bar thrust loads
Modified seal plate to accept billet compressor wheel
CNC re-profiled turbine housing to accept K04 turbine wheel
Ported and flowed turbine inlet and wastegate for increased boost control
Turbosmart IWG75 wastegate actuator
Supported by PERON software
Quoted as a 330bhp turbo on our own demo vehicle it produces 347bhp with the correct supporting hardware.

We advise changing the stock diverter for a Turbosmart recirc Valve

kevinatfms

Cant you just buy the Peron version for cheaper? I see the K04 wheel. Is that bigger than the Peron supplied wheel?

A7xogg

I like that in completely eliminates the weak link of the stock turbo, the intake housing

felopr

i have seen this turbo, not here on the forums but on a couple of fb fiesta uk pages and reviews are good.
i guess no one in the US has venture to buy since it hasn't received a "promotion" compared to pumaspeed.

This basically another hybrid, but better than pumaspeed imo since it eliminates the crap compressor (intake) housing with a "Proprietary V2 Compressor cover that offers larger internal volume this not only avoids the potential of super heating charged air but offers a greater flow of air at high engine speeds resulting in fantastic power gains without running high boost pressure."
46mm inducer compressor ( same as x47r)
and uses "Most important to ensure the longevity and reliability of this OEM+ unit we have moved away from the inherently weak KP39 bearing architecture to the more suitable KO4 journal bearing system"

rated for 330 bhp (hence the name)
IF i would choose a hybrid, i would choose this over x47 but, yeah, there is not alot of information on this hybrid on the usa side and no one has really venture for it.
IF one would really want one , i guess one could talk to AET motorsport for one, it is a hybrid so it should be plug and play
Pretty sure tune+ or stratified could tune it, it shouldnt be different to a x47, we just need what max boost info you should run on the unit so we dont overspin them

all captions and more info at https://www.aet-motorsport.co.uk/blog/product-comparison-hybrid-turbos-vt330r-vs-x-47/
FYI, i am not a representative of their lol

felopr

Cant you just buy the Peron version for cheaper? I see the K04 wheel. Is that bigger than the Peron supplied wheel?
peron one looks more like a x47, looking at the one at peron.uk

jeff

2000 Post Club
This has been around, look at the graphs, they got a whopping 3whp over the X47 for over double the price. Did the comparison myself. No thanks.

Edit, I dug a bit deeper...the AE car made 347 with their voodoo turbo, the Puma car made 344 with the X47r...3 whole hp for an extra $1000-$1500???? Meh.

A7xogg

This has been around, look at the graphs, they got a whopping 3whp over the X47 for over double the price. Did the comparison myself. No thanks.

Edit, I dug a bit deeper...the AE car made 347 with their voodoo turbo, the Puma car made 344 with the X47r...3 whole hp for an extra $1000-$1500???? Meh.
Around 300 whp is the limit of the stock fuel system so with the better bearing and compressor side I'm sure you could make more with aux fuel. Just like the mrx kit your not paying for more power your paying for a more durable and reliable turbo. Something you could drive 150k+ miles on without breaking the turbo

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Around 300 whp is the limit of the stock fuel system so with the better bearing and compressor side I'm sure you could make more with aux fuel. Just like the mrx kit your not paying for more power your paying for a more durable and reliable turbo. Something you could drive 150k+ miles on without breaking the turbo
God dam...someone give him a pat on the back finally someone who sees the big picture of the better architecture of this Turbo vs. The Hybrids with their stock bearing technology!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

So the 330 to 347BHP they are quoting, is it on stock fuel system and pump gas?

So many options for turbos!

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
So the 330 to 347BHP they are quoting, is it on stock fuel system and pump gas?

So many options for turbos!
just like the revo numbers don't read too much into what the euro guys are posting in regards to tuning. Wait until we get a few on US Fiestas that are COBB pro tuned on the stock fuel system as well as with aux fuel. This turbo performs very well and unlike the revo where we were a little unsure if it would hold it's own against some of the other hybrids out there (obviously it did VERY well!) this VooDoo VT300R is going to post some very respectable numbers
Stay tuned!

pwnall1337

Vendor
Oh boy![rockon] Hoping for 350s on e50
I don't see that being a reality. My best guess is it'll make around the same power as the x47r with less heat generated past 5500 rpm. I talked with nick at AET and the turbine housing is still factory. The bottle neck on the turbo is the turbine housing so if pushed hard enough on aux fuel and MBT ignition with ethanol expect somewhere between 315->330 whp realistically.

VirtualRonin

Active Military
I ordered the VT330R from Whoosh with a planned install mid-May. I plan to do a 91 and E30 tune. The only thing I haven't decided on is to go catted or catless downpipe. I also worked out a deal with Ron to get his CP-E exhaust manifold to test with the turbo. I plan to get it on the dyno after tuning is done which should be early June. The dyno will most likely be a Dyno Dynamics. We'll see what it can do but I'm sure it'll be right there with the other hybrids in terms of numbers. I didn't buy it just for the numbers though; I wanted quick spool, better HP/Torque for punching out of corners, and more durability/longevity. I hope the upgraded internals will allow for the latter which is what sets this turbo apart in my opinion. It looks like there's a good chance I'll be able to use my CP-E hot side charge pipe as well, so that's a plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk