Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Possible issue with mountune springs??

danbfree

3000 Post Club
You just wont shut your mouth...SMFH. If you cant handle the foul language then go to your safe space. The internet is not it.

Again, you state that Eibach helps with body roll. It does not. It induces MORE body roll with a softer initial rate. I might have gotten the initial rate number wrong but the fact that 109lbs-in does not reduce body roll. Initial turn in is worse than stock, body roll is increased and the car has very unpredictable push that you can feel on a backroad.

Im not talking about all out racing either. Im talking canyon carving, autocross, highway off ramps, HPDE's. Everything the Fiesta is supposed to shine at.
So then why does everyone who has them say it reduces body roll? Are you not factoring in that they do provide a .8" drop? That automatically is going to help with a lower COG and you are the first person I've ever seen say that it increases body roll... But you've had them and have raced with them so I tend to believe you... And sorry, forum rules DO say no foul language, it's not that I can't handle it, these forums are supposed to be a break from that crap out there, especially when you flip out just because I corrected your made up numbers, sheesh... A lot of people use progressive springs in a performance car, no one has EVER implied they are trying to make their car ride like a damn Cadillac, you all need to get over that fact and maybe respect a thread where someone has ALREADY bought their damn springs and not come in and start bashing their selection.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Absolutely the Fiesta ST is not a comfort car was never meant to be, if that's what you want you got the wrong car. With that said if someone wants to make their car softer go ahead, I have no problems with that. Do I think it's a rough ride, god no anyone who does should drive my work truck, they would be in tears. I personally have no issues with your language. Statistically people who uses four-letter words are more honest and trustworthy.
The language is the forum rules, this isn't Reddit or some other place where you just curse all you want, God knows I was sailor and use that language plenty myself... but it should be in context and not for being butt-hurt over simply correcting someone's fake numbers, and no, it wasn't even in a snarky way... Also, no one said anything about trying to make their Fiesta ST ride like a Cadillac, the Eibach springs are popular for a reason, they are meant to improve center of gravity and overall ride a bit, nothing more. It's not appropriate to thread jack someones post where they have already bought the springs to start bashing on them.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Without getting seat time, my gut feel is that the Eibach springs may be too soft for the factory dampers. If increasing spring rate by 5% balances the factory dampers, then decreasing it should make the car feel over damped. I would say the Eibach springs are a good match for the Ford Racing Fiesta handling pack dampers. Those are between a standard Fiesta and the ST. Anything stiffer than the Mountune, then I would move to higher performance dampers.
With the Swifts, I know that they say they help make the factory dampers last longer, but with the Mountune are they claiming that the 5% increase balances the factory dampers? I've heard nothing but good things about the Eibach, the worse thing until Kevin here I'd heard was that "yeah, they only help handling a little but the ride is better", but no one has really said they make it handle worse for most daily driving scenario's.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
With the Swifts, I know that they say they help make the factory dampers last longer, but with the Mountune are they claiming that the 5% increase balances the factory dampers? I've heard nothing but good things about the Eibach, the worse thing until Kevin here I'd heard was that "yeah, they only help handling a little but the ride is better", but no one has really said they make it handle worse for most daily driving scenario's.
I am not sure about the claim about making the dampers last longer. Perhaps there is less suspension travel so the piston is traveling less? I don't know. It seems like an odd claim. I always felt that the factory dampers were very aggressive with their high and low damping rates. Adding stiffer springs balanced out the dampers to what I thought they should be. The Mountune springs were just enough to do that for me. Without running the springs back to back on the street and at an autocross, I can't really speak to the results. Looking at the spring rates, I would conclude the Eibachs are too soft for the factory dampers. I don't think it is enough to throw away the handling, but just don't know without driving both. To support my theory that the ST is over damped, putting ST springs on a regular Fiesta with factory dampers feels pretty good. The springs are just a tad too stiff for the dampers, but not bad at all. Putting the Ford Racing handling pack dampers with ST springs or Eibach springs would be a good match. The ST dampers work well with the Mountune springs. Stiffer than that is where I would start to look at higher rate dampers. I would tend to think higher rate dampers with Mountune springs would be close to what the stock ST feels like. That isn't bad and if I was going to do more autocrossing, that would be the direction I would go. I wouldn't spend the money on fully adjustable coil-overs and double adjustable dampers. The suspension isn't the limiting factor for me, it is the driver.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I am not sure about the claim about making the dampers last longer. Perhaps there is less suspension travel so the piston is traveling less? I don't know. It seems like an odd claim. I always felt that the factory dampers were very aggressive with their high and low damping rates. Adding stiffer springs balanced out the dampers to what I thought they should be. The Mountune springs were just enough to do that for me. Without running the springs back to back on the street and at an autocross, I can't really speak to the results. Looking at the spring rates, I would conclude the Eibachs are too soft for the factory dampers. I don't think it is enough to throw away the handling, but just don't know without driving both. To support my theory that the ST is over damped, putting ST springs on a regular Fiesta with factory dampers feels pretty good. The springs are just a tad too stiff for the dampers, but not bad at all. Putting the Ford Racing handling pack dampers with ST springs or Eibach springs would be a good match. The ST dampers work well with the Mountune springs. Stiffer than that is where I would start to look at higher rate dampers. I would tend to think higher rate dampers with Mountune springs would be close to what the stock ST feels like. That isn't bad and if I was going to do more autocrossing, that would be the direction I would go. I wouldn't spend the money on fully adjustable coil-overs and double adjustable dampers. The suspension isn't the limiting factor for me, it is the driver.
Great stuff, makes sense, I'll have to look at different dampers too... I know that the handling package is for the regular Fiesta, do you know if there is there a part number to get those dampers separate?

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Great stuff, makes sense, I'll have to look at different dampers too... I know that the handling package is for the regular Fiesta, do you know if there is there a part number to get those dampers separate?
I am sure there is, just not sure what it is! They are the same as the uprated dampers used in Europe. I can't recall the name of the model, but it was before the ST and ST-line.

kevinatfms

The language is the forum rules, this isn't Reddit or some other place where you just curse all you want, God knows I was sailor and use that language plenty myself... but it should be in context and not for being butt-hurt over simply correcting someone's fake numbers, and no, it wasn't even in a snarky way... Also, no one said anything about trying to make their Fiesta ST ride like a Cadillac, the Eibach springs are popular for a reason, they are meant to improve center of gravity and overall ride a bit, nothing more. It's not appropriate to thread jack someones post where they have already bought the springs to start bashing on them.
If you dont like my language then dont read my posts. Ill let the mods let me know when im out of line. Not you.

On another note, it seems you now understand that the rate i listed(WHICH WAS WRONG BY 19lbs-in, I ADMIT THAT) didnt matter as much as how soft they were to begin with underneath the factory damper. They could have run 130lbs-in and it would still be too soft. I am accounting for 10k or more miles on the Eibach springs with autocross mixed in.

Also, if the OP of the original post in which you keep refering too has an issue with me calling his new Eibach springs crap then he can say so. I was informing him that the rates and design of the springs do not benefit the vehicle in the performance aspect. They sure look great but OP decides he wants to run an autocross or even run the canyons he should not expect the car to have the same initial balance as the factory car or even a properly sprung vehicle. You keep making assumptions for what other people want to hear and you really dont need to.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
If you dont like my language then dont read my posts. Ill let the mods let me know when im out of line. Not you.

On another note, it seems you now understand that the rate i listed(WHICH WAS WRONG BY 19lbs-in, I ADMIT THAT) didnt matter as much as how soft they were to begin with underneath the factory damper. They could have run 130lbs-in and it would still be too soft. I am accounting for 10k or more miles on the Eibach springs with autocross mixed in.

Also, if the OP of the original post in which you keep refering too has an issue with me calling his new Eibach springs crap then he can say so. I was informing him that the rates and design of the springs do not benefit the vehicle in the performance aspect. They sure look great but OP decides he wants to run an autocross or even run the canyons he should not expect the car to have the same initial balance as the factory car or even a properly sprung vehicle. You keep making assumptions for what other people want to hear and you really dont need to.
Look, I appreciate your information on your personal experience, it actually would be valuable on a thread for *what spring should I buy*, not to rip on something someone already bought, that's just being a rude asshole and absolutely IS common forum etiquette, common courtesy and is NOT up for YOUR personal interpretation! Did he fucking ask what should he use for autocross? No, you just come and bash when the topic wasn't about autocross at all! Obviously, I don't give a damn about language in general, but for you to get butt-hurt after I even made sure to mention that I know that doesn't change your experience with them, just to correct the numbers for the record and AFTER coming in and thread shitting, you are the true asshole here, ASSHOLE. Go fuck yourself!

kevinatfms

Look, I appreciate your information on your personal experience, it actually would be valuable on a thread for *what spring should I buy*, not to rip on something someone already bought, that's just being a rude asshole and absolutely IS common forum etiquette, common courtesy and is NOT up for YOUR personal interpretation! Did he fucking ask what should he use for autocross? No, you just come and bash when the topic wasn't about autocross at all! Obviously, I don't give a damn about language in general, but for you to get butt-hurt after I even made sure to mention that I know that doesn't change your experience with them, just to correct the numbers for the record and AFTER coming in and thread shitting, you are the true asshole here, ASSHOLE. Go fuck yourself!
You are a true fucking retard. You have no idea what forum etiquette is or needs to be. Another fucking wanna be do-good-er little ******. Dont like someone telling someone else sound advice on a PERFORMANCE modification then fuck off to fairyland you pile of garbage. Piles of shit like you are the reason why this country has gone to shit. Everyone is too pussy to take a little criticism.

If you read the thread, he started a thread on his first modification, Eibach Pro-kit springs. I stated through countless miles and testing(autocross) i have found that the Eibach springs are pure shit on this vehicle. They are too soft and hamper the abilities of the vehicle. From my expense and time he does or does NOT have to replace his springs. If he likes them then he can keep them, if he doesnt he can remove them for stock or something that is better suited for the vehicle. From there, you had a bitch fit because I bashed the springs and think you know whats best for me, the forum and the OP.

If you fucked up(which im sure you do often) and found through other sources...ie forum posts, facebook page...etc; that youre brand new springs were hurting performance wouldn't you want to learn about the downfalls of said modification? This way in future purchases the OP can be more in tune with buying the best product for his money.

So, on top of all of that you call me an asshole. Well thanks. I feel appreciated for that. Ill add it to my list of zero-fucks-given for piles of shit on this forum.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
You are a true fucking retard. You have no idea what forum etiquette is or needs to be. Another fucking wanna be do-good-er little ******. Dont like someone telling someone else sound advice on a PERFORMANCE modification then fuck off to fairyland you pile of garbage. Piles of shit like you are the reason why this country has gone to shit. Everyone is too pussy to take a little criticism.

If you read the thread, he started a thread on his first modification, Eibach Pro-kit springs. I stated through countless miles and testing(autocross) i have found that the Eibach springs are pure shit on this vehicle. They are too soft and hamper the abilities of the vehicle. From my expense and time he does or does NOT have to replace his springs. If he likes them then he can keep them, if he doesnt he can remove them for stock or something that is better suited for the vehicle. From there, you had a bitch fit because I bashed the springs and think you know whats best for me, the forum and the OP.

If you fucked up(which im sure you do often) and found through other sources...ie forum posts, facebook page...etc; that youre brand new springs were hurting performance wouldn't you want to learn about the downfalls of said modification? This way in future purchases the OP can be more in tune with buying the best product for his money.

So, on top of all of that you call me an asshole. Well thanks. I feel appreciated for that. Ill add it to my list of zero-fucks-given for piles of shit on this forum.
Yeah, because thread shitting is productive criticism? I never implied what's best, again, your alternative facts, just what the OP discussion was about... YOU are what's wrong with the country, not caring about courtesy/forum etiquette that you don't care to actually know and then just pushing the blame on to others, nice... Obviously pointless to argue with someone who has zero sense of common courtesy, YOU throwing the bitch fit after I corrected you quite tamely so you can just sit in your pathological world where you believe your own lies, I'm done here.

kevinatfms

Good. GTFO and leave us who want to improve the car to discuss what works and what doesn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For anyone that is following this, here is the response that I received from mountune today.

"Hello,

We where able to see that there was a change in the suspension from 13 to 17. The purch/pad that the spring sat in changed and gained about an inch. Which is what was causing the rear to no lower. Did you want to return the springs and get a refunded?"

Nice to know we’re dealing with literacy challenged warranty claims people at Mountune - remind me to avoid them

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Good. GTFO and leave us who want to improve the car to discuss what works and what doesn’t.
Why don't you GTFO and go home to your mama so she can spank you some more as obviously she didn't teach you a god damn thing about BASIC respect and courtesy... I'll keep an eye out and make sure to come shit on your posts and talk shit about the stuff you did to the car after the fact... There was NO request to improve anything, you fucking imbecile... I'm not stupid to think there can't be any productive criticism, but coming into a thread where it was to just show off what the guy has done to shit on his choice of springs. If you can't handle being called out for it, YOU can GTFO, I'm not backing down motherfucker, I don't give fuck, I can go ALL day calling out pieces of shit like you who think they know everything, including what YOU think is forum courtesy... Again, your mama should have spanked you more, maybe you would learn to have some god damn humility!

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Take a chill pill guys go drive the great cars you have, maybe put on some hard rock and be happy. [emoji3]

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

kevinatfms

Why don't you GTFO and go home to your mama so she can spank you some more as obviously she didn't teach you a god damn thing about BASIC respect and courtesy... I'll keep an eye out and make sure to come shit on your posts and talk shit about the stuff you did to the car after the fact... There was NO request to improve anything, you fucking imbecile... I'm not stupid to think there can't be any productive criticism, but coming into a thread where it was to just show off what the guy has done to shit on his choice of springs. If you can't handle being called out for it, YOU can GTFO, I'm not backing down motherfucker, I don't give fuck, I can go ALL day calling out pieces of shit like you who think they know everything, including what YOU think is forum courtesy... Again, your mama should have spanked you more, maybe you would learn to have some god damn humility!
Listen here ******, you obviously can’t read. I told him that the springs were shit and that an improvement would be a spring like the Swift’s which I planned on using. Welcome to a forum where anyone can add in their own findings which can sway someone to modify their car for the better. Dont like it then dont post. Dont like what I have said, DONT POST. But you think you can keep opening your mouth like you know something about spring rates and how they effect the dynamics of the car.

You really are fucking retarded. Wanna go all day long?!? You called out nothing. Nothing ******. I admitted I mistook the initial rate numbers but you cant let that go, can you? I then said that the initial rate of 109 didn't matter since its still too fucking low for the car. YOU got ass hurt that i kept saying the springs are shit and keep bringing up that i mistook the number by 19lbs-in. How about you go out there and try an autocross and learn about suspension setup and vehicle dynamics. You might learn something.

Why not just get rid of your car and save us all the headaches. Looking at your past posts it seems like you have no fucking clue about performance vehicles or modifications to those performance vehicles. Better off getting a Prius since you want such a garbage ride.

Bring it you pile of shit. I’ll take you on any day of the week.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
You are a true fucking retard. You have no idea what forum etiquette is or needs to be. Another fucking wanna be do-good-er little ******. Dont like someone telling someone else
Lmao. Bless your heart.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk