Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Possible issue with mountune springs??

Hey guys
I've installed mountune springs on my 17 fist and after about 800 miles the springs have only Settled to 1/4inch drop . I've talked to dan at mountune twice regarding the issue and just forwarded him some pics and waiting for there reply
As anyone else seen an issue where there springs where not the appropriate drop??
Btw they ride awesome. Just the car looks goofy right now

jeff

2000 Post Club
Hey guys
I've installed mountune springs on my 17 fist and after about 800 miles the springs have only Settled to 1/4inch drop . I've talked to dan at mountune twice regarding the issue and just forwarded him some pics and waiting for there reply
As anyone else seen an issue where there springs where not the appropriate drop??
Btw they ride awesome. Just the car looks goofy right now
I just installed mine a week ago. The front sits exactly 3/4" higher than the rear. I've heard this is common with Mountune springs. Is this what you are referring to, or something else?

Here's a pic for reference...mine's on the right...not the best pic but zoom in and you get the idea...don't mind the grumpy man in the background, just an ornery neighbor...

Hosted on Fotki

I just installed mine a week ago. The front sits exactly 3/4" higher than the rear. I've heard this is common with Mountune springs. Is this what you are referring to, or something else?

Here's a pic for reference...mine's on the right...not the best pic but zoom in and you get the idea...don't mind the grumpy man in the background, just an ornery neighbor...

Hosted on Fotki
How many miles are on your car? when I installed mine and again when I did the Koni rears, I noticed that the rear upper spring isolator is a hard rubber. However, it looked like my stock spring had made such an indentation and wore through enough that it may be causing the rear to be a tad lower than expected. I planned on buying new ones and replacing them to see if this evened out the drop, but I'll be rolling over to Bilstein Coilovers so I won't have the opportunity to test.

I thought of this because when I was tinkering in the 2010-2012 VW GTI/CC world, their spring sets also had a minor sag in the rear and that was fixed by replacing the upper spring perches with a slightly thicker and slightly denser Audi TT pad. So just a thought on that.

OP
S
Thread Starter #9
So today I measured one of friends bone stock 15 st and his an my car are exactly the same height in the front. 13 inches from center bore to the lower of the fender and mine is lowered.
Beats the heck out of me. I feel the 17 struts have to be different. I did order some h&r springs so we'll see how that goes

For comparaison, here is my SFE with mountune springs for the ST

It doesn't bother me that the front is a little bit higher than rear. It's not really noticeable.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

comparing my pics to your video with the mountune springs on, im surprised that mine went lower than yours at the front and back. It is known that the 1.0l 3cyl that i have is lighter than the ST engine.

What tire setup do you have? im using 205/45/17 on focus svt wheels. and have done around 14000km since i got the springs.

OP
S
Thread Starter #17
comparing my pics to your video with the mountune springs on, im surprised that mine went lower than yours at the front and back. It is known that the 1.0l 3cyl that i have is lighter than the ST engine.

What tire setup do you have? im using 205/45/17 on focus svt wheels. and have done around 14000km since i got the springs.
I'm using the factory 205 40 17

I have the exact opposite situation. Have a '17 and Mountune, and the rear sits a full inch higher than the front (front 24", rear 25"). Sure hope it settles soon. Don't like the raked look.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
These issues with the Mountune springs have me leaning towards the Bilstein B14 setup (which is only a few bucks more than the Clubsport setup).

OP
S
Thread Starter #20
I have the exact opposite situation. Have a '17 and Mountune, and the rear sits a full inch higher than the front (front 24", rear 25"). Sure hope it settles soon. Don't like the raked look.
Good luck getting it resolved with mountune .the first time I had the issue and gave them a call they had me forward pics to a tech over seas then they stopped answering my calls. Called prob 3 times and got no answer or return so I'm done with them