Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

It's here ladies and gentlemen........the ITG Maxogen

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #4
Interesting. Any pics of it installed?

+15hp???
yeah the HP gain may be a bit on the high side
There are forum members here that have this intake system installed. I have not installed one on my car yet. I'm not 100% sure that I will.....
Fitment on US spec Fiestas has been confirmed.
HP gains for intake kits can get touchy. Who knows the conditions, etc at the dyno.....what type of dyno, etc. etc. etc. there really are no other details.

It's a great looking kit and there have been MANY requests to get a hold of this kit so here it is!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Apart from the ST200 intake that you also offer, this has got to be one of the more interesting options as far as intakes go. Very cool that you're offering it here in the states.
^^^Right now, these are the ONLY two systems I would even consider over the factory stocker, even though I like the solidity/construction of the CP-E. ;)

Ron, are there installation instructions for this posted anywhere online, and does their filter REQUIRE oiling, or do they also have a dry option?

^^^Right now, these are the ONLY two systems I would even consider over the factory stocker, even though I like the solidity/construction of the CP-E. ;)

Ron, are there installation instructions for this posted anywhere online, and does their filter REQUIRE oiling, or do they also have a dry option?
I found these instructions, url looks shady but it's legit: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0649/1897/files/COASFST16T_Customer_Copy.pdf?6206060808085959914

It does require oil: "Once the filter is dry, re-oil with ITG JDR-2 dust retention coating. If this is not available, only use a specific foam air filter oil. Suitable brands that we are aware of include Silkolene and Rock Oil. If foam air filters are used in a ‘dry’ or non-oiled state, they still provide filtration of larger dust particles, and they will also retain most smaller dust particles due to an electrostatic effect. Electrostatic dust retention is much less reliable than oil retention, so if a filter is used without oil, it is very important to monitor whether any dust is passing through the filter, and to clean the filter frequently. Some dust, which can potentially damage the engine, may pass through a filter used in dry condition. ITG will not provide any warranty when a filter is used in dry condition, or has not been maintained according to instructions.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I found these instructions, url looks shady but it's legit: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0649/1897/files/COASFST16T_Customer_Copy.pdf?6206060808085959914

It does require oil: "Once the filter is dry, re-oil with ITG JDR-2 dust retention coating. If this is not available, only use a specific foam air filter oil. Suitable brands that we are aware of include Silkolene and Rock Oil. If foam air filters are used in a ‘dry’ or non-oiled state, they still provide filtration of larger dust particles, and they will also retain most smaller dust particles due to an electrostatic effect. Electrostatic dust retention is much less reliable than oil retention, so if a filter is used without oil, it is very important to monitor whether any dust is passing through the filter, and to clean the filter frequently. Some dust, which can potentially damage the engine, may pass through a filter used in dry condition. ITG will not provide any warranty when a filter is used in dry condition, or has not been maintained according to instructions.
Thanks for the above. [thumb]

Hopefully, the filter is far enough away from the MAF sensor in this system that the oil could never even reach that far (and hopefully as well, the foam filters retain their oil better than the cotton/synthetic fiber media oiled filters do). ;)

This intake is awesome. Also very loud but well worth the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bluedrank

Quick question;

I have not really studied how it is installed/etc. yet, but does the bumper cover have to come off in order to clean/change the filter on this system? [dunno]
I would imagine that it's pretty accessible if you just remove the headlight, which is easy as pie. I'm just taking a guess though.

In regard to the other guy's post, I suspected that it might be a loud system considering its placement. Sounds fun!

Quick question;

I have not really studied how it is installed/etc. yet, but does the bumper cover have to come off in order to clean/change the filter on this system? [dunno]
Yes you just remove the headlight to clean the filter.

I would imagine that it's pretty accessible if you just remove the headlight, which is easy as pie. I'm just taking a guess though.

In regard to the other guy's post, I suspected that it might be a loud system considering its placement. Sounds fun!
Yeah it’s loud and where it sits is prefect because it adds a level of fun noise at high rpms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Does ITG make an induction pipe for the FiST as well? I'm keen on getting the ITG crossover and/or the air intake from you eventually. Just want the entire induction system to be ITG [giggle]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #14
Does ITG make an induction pipe for the FiST as well? I'm keen on getting the ITG crossover and/or the air intake from you eventually. Just want the entire induction system to be ITG [giggle]
I don't think so
We carry the whoosh brand, RAMAIR, and can still get a hold of Mishimoto and Mountune but honestly have not sold many since having the whoosh brand due to the thickness and price point

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #15
we have a sale right now on all ITG crossover pipes and intake kits
10% off until the end of the month

ITG10 is the coupon code
[biggrin]

TDavis

1000 Post Club
To anyone whos gotten this intake, do you know where u can get these rubber straps separately? Mine is almost about to break and is rotted.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #17
To anyone whos gotten this intake, do you know where u can get these rubber straps separately? Mine is almost about to break and is rotted.

I may have a few laying around
My personal kit doesn't have one. I felt it squashed the hose too much and really didn't need it since the opening through the fender to headlight area kept everything in place

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I may have a few laying around
My personal kit doesn't have one. I felt it squashed the hose too much and really didn't need it since the opening through the fender to headlight area kept everything in place
If its at all possible, can you send an extra strap if you have one laying around when I get around to getting the ITG crossover?

This kit looks so much easier than the 2jr kit. With similar performance I've seen
I personally didn't think I could stand the 2j because the noise is just a novelty and would get exhausting after a certain amount of time. I love the ITG and it makes the perfect amount of noise without being too overbearing. I definitely recommend the ITG. Not hard to install either.

IMHO the ITG and 2j are probably the only REAL CAI's besides maybe the CPE but I feel the ITG and 2j make more power then the CPE. Don't quote me on that though. I'm sure its incremental anyway.

If its at all possible, can you send an extra strap if you have one laying around when I get around to getting the ITG crossover?

I personally didn't think I could stand the 2j because the noise is just a novelty and would get exhausting after a certain amount of time. I love the ITG and it makes the perfect amount of noise without being too overbearing. I definitely recommend the ITG. Not hard to install either.

IMHO the ITG and 2j are probably the only REAL CAI's besides maybe the CPE but I feel the ITG and 2j make more power then the CPE. Don't quote me on that though. I'm sure its incremental anyway.
Honestly it's very subjective. I had the 2jr for over 2 years and always loved the sound never got tired of it. Regret selling it.

Ford Community Posts