Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Oil Seeping from T-Map Sensor

Has anyone experienced oil leaking/seeping from the T-Map sensor on the cold side pipe? I am a little concerned if that much blow by is happening that it is leaking out the sensor. I am assuming I am losing some boost out of the sensor as well if oil is able to get out.

This is on a 2016 w/ MP215 kit, induction hose and evap hose from 2015. Other then that I am all stock with about 8,000 miles. Let me know if this is normal or if I should get it checked out by the dealer. Thanks.

Dealer will tighten the hose clamp, sensor, and clean off the oil for you. I found no oil in my secondary CCV hose yet the pipe is oily too. I have installed a catch can on the primary CCV and monitoring system. At any case, I might install a VTA and seal it off to see what happens. And If that still have oil, it can only come from the turbo which can be bad news.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Has anyone experienced oil leaking/seeping from the T-Map sensor on the cold side pipe? I am a little concerned if that much blow by is happening that it is leaking out the sensor. I am assuming I am losing some boost out of the sensor as well if oil is able to get out.

This is on a 2016 w/ MP215 kit, induction hose and evap hose from 2015. Other then that I am all stock with about 8,000 miles. Let me know if this is normal or if I should get it checked out by the dealer. Thanks.

I used to have oil coating the hot side but since installing a catch can it subsided . How's oil consumption?

OP
K
Thread Starter #4
I used to have oil coating the hot side but since installing a catch can it subsided . How's oil consumption?
Oil consumption is normal, haven't noticed any dramatic loss. I guess it is time for a catch can! I will tighten the sensor and clean it up to see if it comes back. Thanks for the responses.