Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Has anyone removed the front ST badge?

I'd like to fly under the radar and want to remove the front ST badge however I'm concerned there may be holes left behind (unlike the back) .

Has anyone taken off the front? If so was it just sticky material or were there pegs under there?

Thanks,
Chris

It's two sided taped on there. You can remove it the same way as the rear badge. There's a flat blank space where the badge goes, it kinda stands out when the badge is removed.

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
Ok. Took it off, looks good. Maybe paint it black and put it back on later.

Thanks man

There's still the st shape underneath in the honeycomb. I prefer it without the st badges but it's still pretty easy for people to tell the car has sporting pretensions.

I took the front badge off, peeled off the red plastic and flowed black paint in. Let it cure for a couple days, cleaned it up with some rubbing compound and like the result - you can still see it because of the chrome outline, but it looks subtle. I took the ST badge off the back and left the Fiesta one, but am considering doing the same with the ST badge as I did up front and replacing the Fiesta badge. Would be very subdued there as the car is black.

I took the front badge off, peeled off the red plastic and flowed black paint in. Let it cure for a couple days, cleaned it up with some rubbing compound and like the result - you can still see it because of the chrome outline, but it looks subtle. I took the ST badge off the back and left the Fiesta one, but am considering doing the same with the ST badge as I did up front and replacing the Fiesta badge. Would be very subdued there as the car is black.
These cars end up being like snowflakes--no 2 are exactly the same. The Fiesta badge was the first thing to go on mine, and I really like the ST badges. I actually put ST graphics on the top center of my windshield.

These cars end up being like snowflakes--no 2 are exactly the same. The Fiesta badge was the first thing to go on mine, and I really like the ST badges. I actually put ST graphics on the top center of my windshield.
I prefer the stealth approach. Was getting hearing damage from the sound of Honda Civic fart can exhausts revving next to me at lights.

Those that know what an ST is are going to notice it based on the body parts it has regardless. And those that don't know wouldn't know if you put badges on each side besides the ones on the front and rear. They'd still confuse it with a Prius.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
So what do you get out there in the boonies, 800hp tractors? Just kidding, we were up your way a couple of weeks ago - nice part of the world.
Sadly, it is just as bad here in the opposite direction, this being richie-rich, elitist/status showing heaven; an E 63S AMGed Merc is a common place 'beater car' around here, and you are NOT 'keeping up' with the Howells if you do not drive at least an upper level Audi SUV. [:(]

(WHY our car is an extreme rarity around here as even the spoiled high school kids get brand spanking new 3 series Bimmers, at a minimum along with their driver's licenses. NO, I FULLY do NOT 'belong' here!)

I went blank for a couple months and then installed the Octane Academy emblems. They're mostly black and are a little more stealth than the full red. My ebony wheels with red calipers are a bigger giveaway than the emblems, IMO.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
M-sport fan, how many have a clue who the Howell's were? "Oh Gilligan?, Gilligan?"
LOL - you're showing our age my man!
Yeah, I know. [:(] (I should have put a reference, and a vid/gif link in that post for all of the young 'uns on here! [wink] LOL)

Stealth, low key, sleeper....exactly. I usually debadge all my cars, in fact, i go even further and downgrade the badging. On my MazdaSpeed3, i switched it out the MazdaSpeed badge with a a regular Mazda 3 badge; with my MK7 GTI, I switched them out for TDI (Diesel) badges...Why? So noone tries to race me, which for some reason I'm always getting challenged on a daily basis. Noone wants to race a VW TDI lol...