Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Goodyear Eagle Sport AS or Michelin Premier AS for my 15" wheels daily driving/winter?

Hey all. I recently bought a set of Motegi MR116 15x6.5 wheels for my wife's 2016 FiST. It is her daily driver and she has a short commute of only about 7-8 miles on relatively flat roads here in upstate NY. I got the 15s to replace the factory 17" to try to soften the ride a little more (came with the Michelin Pilot Sports). I want to try to get away with all seasons instead of dedicated snows because if we like the ride quality I will stay with the 15s on the car. I can get a really good price on set of 4 on either Goodyear Eagle Sport AS or Michelin Premier AS in 195/55-15. They are both rated fairly well in both wet and snow for all seasons. One is a "Sport All-Season" and the other is a Grand Touring tire. Anyone have experience with either of these on their FiST or other car? Anyone use either in the snow?

Opinions, advice, or other tire recommendations welcomed as well. I am looking for a good tire without breaking the bank (bang for the buck). Want something that will be adequate for winter but still offer good grip in the warmer months for some fun driving (she doesn't push the car to near its limits like many of you do here, LOL, so the uber sticky summer tires are not necessary)

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Relevant tire rack tests:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=221
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=188

Seems they weren't huge fans of the Goodyear, but the user reviews rate it pretty highly. The Michelin looks OK too, but it is a Grant Touring tire, so it emphasizes comfort over performance. To me, it would seem like a waste to put a narrow, GT A/S tire on a performance car like the FiST (except maybe in winter), but depends what you are looking for I guess.

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the info. The reasons for going narrower are due to the smaller diameter wheel and taller sidewall (roads up here are like a war zone bombed-out airfield) as well as running through the winter. Additionally, my wife drives the car fairly tame - we will keep the factory 17" with the Michelin Pilots so we can through them back on if we want to have a fun day any given weekend in the warm weather months.