Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Silicone Exhaust Mount Set for Milltek system

Anyone find replacements for the hangers that'll fit on Milltek's exhaust? Currently using oem and they're fine, with the exception of the one in the rear.

Planning to give a shout out to pumaspeed/milltek, but I was curious if anyone has their exhaust system and what rubbers y'all using... R=Sport probably the option to go with but thoughts...... [bootyshake][hah]

Options on the site are:
- R-Sport Red Uprated Silicone Exhaust Mount Set - Ford Fiesta ST 180 1.6 Ecoboost
http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-R-Sport-Red-Uprated-Silicone-Exhaust-Mount-Set_17448.jsp

- Pumaspeed Uprated Exhaust Mount Set - Ford Fiesta ST 180 1.6 Ecoboost
http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-Pumaspeed-Uprated-Exhaust-Mount-Set_16752.jsp

Anyone use the R-Sport set?

Thanks.

Zissou

Would Cobb's hangers fit? I have those with my MAP exhaust that hold things in place much better. There's only 3; the one closest to the downpipe has no hanger.
But if you ran it by Ron at Whoosh I'm guessing not.

What exactly about the hangers doesn't work? I just put Powerflex on mine as Ron suggested and they went on easy and reduced movement quite a bit, but that wasn't on the Milltek. Are the upgraded mounts not long enough or are the hole diameters too small for the hangers?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
What exactly about the hangers doesn't work? I just put Powerflex on mine as Ron suggested and they went on easy and reduced movement quite a bit, but that wasn't on the Milltek. Are the upgraded mounts not long enough or are the hole diameters too small for the hangers?
I think the Millteck exhaust hangers on the exhaust itself (the very end cap part) are extra large in diameter which is the issue based on the FB conversation.
The POWERFLEX hangers would probably stretch but I'm not sure
If I were using a Millteck system on my car I'd probably end up just knocking down the overall size of the hanger end with a Dremel where the poly hanger slides over the exhaust hanger since it's severe overkill and might damage most of the hangers used just trying to stretch them over.

OP
ShadowInDaNight
Thread Starter #7
Would Cobb's hangers fit? I have those with my MAP exhaust that hold things in place much better. There's only 3; the one closest to the downpipe has no hanger.
But if you ran it by Ron at Whoosh I'm guessing not.
Cobb's most def. will not work. Tried last yr.

I think the Millteck exhaust hangers on the exhaust itself (the very end cap part) are extra large in diameter which is the issue based on the FB conversation.
The POWERFLEX hangers would probably stretch but I'm not sure
If I were using a Millteck system on my car I'd probably end up just knocking down the overall size of the hanger end with a Dremel where the poly hanger slides over the exhaust hanger since it's severe overkill and might damage most of the hangers used just trying to stretch them over.
Milltek has this on the exhaust(very large end cap part), Ron mentioned yeah... see it circled in blue.

Yeah I hear you Ron...that has crossed my mind but I don't really want to do so unless I must... but I might try those R-sport ones first, but didn't want to place another order lol. Hopeful I could find something stateside but yup yup.

Attachments

So are the actual Metal hangers the same diameter as the chassis hanger locations? if so and you find a rubber hanger that fits over that large end ca, you may run into the issue of it not being tight or snug around the metal hanger portions in which case it would still move all over the place. With that large of an endcap, you should be able to grind off just a little bit with no worry I would imagine.