Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My new 17 ST didn't last 500 miles.

So I bought a new 2017 Fiesta ST last Thursday night and decided to break it in with a mostly back mountain road road trip from SoCal to Prescott, AZ. (Picked it up with 59 miles on it.) Loved the car! The mountain roads made sure the revs were constantly moving up and down the tach, constant shifting from 2nd to 5th with occasional 6th thrown in. Started about a 30 mile highway stretch with just over 400 miles on the odometer, and made sure to vary speeds and revs the entire time (it was night with light traffic, so no trouble dropping down to 50mph then running back up to speed.). Pulled off the highway to get gas, downshifting on the off ramp with no issues, trans felt like butter. Pulled into the gas station and shut the car off happy as could be. Put gas in the car, jump back in, hit the street, car is fighting gear changes! Nursed it into Prescott and shut down for the night.

Next morning at the dealer, still fighting gear changes, the mechanic takes it for a spin and experiences the same issue. He does something with it in his bay, goes for another ride, the clutch pedal stays on the floor. They “think” it’s the clutch slave, but have to check with Ford. Ford doesn’t get back to them for 4 days! Ford finally tells them they think it’s the pressure plate and to start there. (side note: Ford has the WORST customer service I’ve ever experienced ever! Absolute garbage)

I searched the forum and couldn’t find anyone having this issue. Any thoughts? Anyone else hear about this happening? Especially on a new car? I love this car, but can’t help but feel I bought trouble.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Haven't heard anything like this happening before.

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully ford gets it fixed asap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fha

Would suck if it is a slave failure.... I have a love and hate relationship with those things. Hopefully dealer gets it done quick so you can go back to enjoying the car.