Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What are some must haves for a new Daily FiST

TB Performance Traction and Torsion Bar
CPE Rear Motor Mount
Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
Drop-in filter or Mountune w/ snorkel box.

OH, and a Scosche mount for your phone

Love this thread.

My 17 FiST is only about 4 days old, but I'm already planning what i want for my first mods. I figured I'll leave the warranty intact for a while so I'm pretty set on doing a short shift kit and RMM as the first two items.

What short shift kits(s) are the best for the FiST? I'd prefer one that doesn't lower the actual height of the shift knob if possible.

I'm also torn between the Cobb/Mountune/CPE/AWR RMMs - leaning towards the Cobb/Mountune since my car is a daily and lot of vibration would be annoying. I've had motor mounts on past cars and I know I want something mild since my car is a daily driver before anything else. Really wondering how the softer 70a AWR would compare to the Cobb/Mountune, from the pictures it looks like it comes with the bracket so possibly no drilling or bending needed? Also want to make sure that none of the urethane ones squeek at all - I've had urethane bushings in the past that squeeked and annoyed the hell out of me.

Thanks for any insights!

Love this thread.

My 17 FiST is only about 4 days old, but I'm already planning what i want for my first mods. I figured I'll leave the warranty intact for a while so I'm pretty set on doing a short shift kit and RMM as the first two items.

What short shift kits(s) are the best for the FiST? I'd prefer one that doesn't lower the actual height of the shift knob if possible.

I'm also torn between the Cobb/Mountune/CPE/AWR RMMs - leaning towards the Cobb/Mountune since my car is a daily and lot of vibration would be annoying. I've had motor mounts on past cars and I know I want something mild since my car is a daily driver before anything else. Really wondering how the softer 70a AWR would compare to the Cobb/Mountune, from the pictures it looks like it comes with the bracket so possibly no drilling or bending needed? Also want to make sure that none of the urethane ones squeek at all - I've had urethane bushings in the past that squeeked and annoyed the hell out of me.

Thanks for any insights!
Cobb over the Mountune rmm the Cobb is stiffer and feels better. Pickup the fswerks short shift bracket or boomba one and get the boomba solid shifter bushing. The bushing make a big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobb over the Mountune rmm the Cobb is stiffer and feels better. Pickup the fswerks short shift bracket or boomba one and get the boomba solid shifter bushing. The bushing make a big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good info, thanks! Regarding the cobb being stiffer than mountune - what do you mean it feels better? During shifts or acceleration? I'm kind of looking for the least vibration so perhaps the softer mountune would be better than cobb for me?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Our RMM is NOT like a suspension, or sway bar poly bushing, which WILL eventually squeak if not graphite/molybdenum impregnated, or greased with that poly specific grease.

I have a CP-E and it makes NO NOISE except for the start up/start off in first gear clutch release NVH and rumbling, which ALL of the aftermarket RMMs do to some degree.

NONE of the short shift kits on the market for this car actually shorten the height of shift lever itself (ONLY the throw), and about the only way to do that would be to either cut down some of the threads on the factory (or Boomba Racing lever), or by putting a shorter shift knob on the lever.

The kits for this car involve a 'plate' or different link which replaces the factory one on TOP of the transaxle housing, UNDER THE HOOD of the car.
In addition, Boomba Racing also offers a variable throw reduction (by changing the cable pickup point) shift lever which does replace the factory lever in the console.
(This is in addition to Boomba's own transaxle 'plate'.)

Our RMM is NOT like a suspension, or sway bar poly bushing, which WILL eventually squeak if not graphite/molybdenum impregnated, or greased with that poly specific grease.

I have a CP-E and it makes NO NOISE except for the start up/start off in first gear clutch release NVH and rumbling, which ALL of the aftermarket RMMs do to some degree.

NONE of the short shift kits on the market for this car actually shorten the height of shift lever itself (ONLY the throw), and about the only way to do that would be to either cut down some of the threads on the factory (or Boomba Racing lever), or by putting a shorter shift knob on the lever.

The kits for this car involve a 'plate' or different link which replaces the factory one on TOP of the transaxle housing, UNDER THE HOOD of the car.
In addition, Boomba Racing also offers a variable throw reduction (by changing the cable pickup point) shift lever which does replace the factory lever in the console.
(This is in addition to Boomba's own transaxle 'plate'.)

Awesome, this is great info. I've had short shift kits that only attach under the hood in the past so I'm glad that it's similar for the FiST.

I read that the CPe RMM doesn't use urethane but some sort of Rubber compound that's different from the Cobb/Mountunes which use urethane. Definitely good to know that none of them should squeak or anything though. I like the look and materials of the CPe a bit more than the Cobb/Mountune, but since I've had experience with motor mounts in previous cars, some good and some very hard vibration wise, I want to make sure and get a softer one for this car. Seems like Mountune might be the best for what I want, but also curious about the AWR one with the softest compound.

thanks again!

Replace your USB input module for one that is compatibile with Apple Carplay/Android auto. This is especially valuable if your car does not have navigation from the factory.