Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Window Tint on Light Sensor ?

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Has anyone experimented with placing a little window tint over the little bubble, light sensor on the dash? What percentage did you settle on, if any?

Would like the headlights to come on a little earlier. IIRC some others have expressed the same desire. Some roll with window tint and this would enhance our visibility profile.

nail polish is also another less reversible option, but there are thousands of shades of clearish gray and black....

YES! I would like to hear more about this and how to do it properly. It does seem like most other cars with "auto on" lights come on sooner.

I have 70% on my windshield (barely noticeable but the ceramic tint does reject a good amount of heat) and mine will come on pretty early and pretty much all the time on overcast days. If you wanted to stay legal and just do the little dome, I would go the nail polish route as that seems easier.

OP
Intuit

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Some vehicles (if not many) have a user accessible adjustment for this. Anyone aware of such a thing for the Fiesta?

Also, for those that are willing to go through the trouble, (not me,) anyone aware of a modifiable setting that is accessible via FORScan?

I have 70% on my windshield (barely noticeable but the ceramic tint does reject a good amount of heat) and mine will come on pretty early and pretty much all the time on overcast days. ................
Good information for a place to start.