Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Has anyone tried these headlights?

Last edited:

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Or you can save half by ordering them on eBay: Right Headlight - $147.98 Left Headlight - $147.98

It is $390 with shipping for both.
There are always ways to get things cheaper
have you bought these headlights off eBay?
the headlights I have are FORD OEM.

The eBay listing is for TYC.
TYC is a China OEM copy of OEM in most cases for collision repair etc.
I'm not saying these are not as good but they are different from what I sell just to clarify what you said to people reading the post

There are always ways to get things cheaper
have you bought these headlights off eBay?
the headlights I have are FORD OEM.

The eBay listing is for TYC.
TYC is a China OEM copy of OEM in most cases for collision repair etc.
I'm not saying these are not as good but they are different from what I sell just to clarify what you said to people reading the post
My buddy and I have both bought these lights from that very eBay listing and are using them on our FiSTs as we speak. I can 100% confirm the are not OEM, they are aftermarket. That being said they are identical to the Ford OEM unit, and as you mentioned TYC does OEM copies. They are great quality and fit perfectly. I can take pictures for you if you want to compare them to the Ford OEM unit.

I have no doubts the Ford OEM unit is the bees knees but at the end of the day if it works it works. These work, so that is all I am saying. Not trying to stir the pot, you stock and sell a quality product without a doubt. I am just saying that for those looking to save some money, they can achieve the same results with the aftermarket unit.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
My buddy and I have both bought these lights from that very eBay listing and are using them on our FiSTs as we speak. I can 100% confirm the are not OEM, they are aftermarket. That being said they are identical to the Ford OEM unit, and as you mentioned TYC does OEM copies. They are great quality and fit perfectly. I can take pictures for you if you want to compare them to the Ford OEM unit.

I have no doubts the Ford OEM unit is the bees knees but at the end of the day if it works it works. These work, so that is all I am saying. Not trying to stir the pot, you stock and sell a quality product without a doubt. I am just saying that for those looking to save some money, they can achieve the same results with the aftermarket unit.
it's all good man
if you read your post as most people would it reads as anyone could can just get the same exact things as the OEM headlights for $400 shipped which isn't true

I just wanted to clarify my parts are true Ford parts and that when you order I ship them from Las Vegas, Not Riga, Latvia also....

it's all good man
if you read your post as most people would it reads as anyone could can just get the same exact things as the OEM headlights for $400 shipped which isn't true

I just wanted to clarify my parts are true Ford parts and that when you order I ship them from Las Vegas, Not Riga, Latvia also....
TYC is a Ford supplier and might even be the manufacturers of the OEM headlights, they are probably identical, as are most TYC OEM replacements and OEM supplied parts. They are a Taiwanese company not a Chinese copy as you suggest.

it's all good man

I edited my post to clarify.

Yes they came from Latvia, though again for the price, not really that bad shipping times:

Bluedrank

Or you can save half by ordering the aftermarket OEM Ford supplier (TYC) unit on eBay: Right Headlight - $147.98 Left Headlight - $147.98

Here is my car with them:
Give then option, I'd still recommend the OEM headlights from Whoosh. I'm sure fitment and quality is probably similar if not the same, but if I was making recommendations to a friend, I'd still steer them towards a company that backs our community instead of some ebay seller.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
TYC is a Ford supplier and might even be the manufacturers of the OEM headlights, they are probably identical, as are most TYC OEM replacements and OEM supplied parts. They are a Taiwanese company not a Chinese copy as you suggest.
But the OEM Ford headlights are not TYC and are not made in Taiwan
They are actually made in the Czech Republic

My mistake on TYC, I meant Taiwan....dealt with tons of TYC when I was running fulfillment and manufacturing @ AM [pcpunch]

since you went out of your way to correct me I'll do the same I guess
I'm actually quite familiar with TYC and know it's a Taiwan based company.

But the OEM Ford headlights are not TYC and are not made in Taiwan
They are actually made in the Czech Republic
Great, I'd rather see facts than:

"TYC is a China OEM copy of OEM in most cases for collision repair etc."

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

V_2

Get aftermarket lights.
Do a HID projector retrofit.
Spend same amount as you would on the OEM halogen lights.
Thank me later.
[8D]

Slipster17

I've had TYC replacements on some of my other cars and can't say anything negative about them. Just FYI - Hella makes the European Ford Fiesta projector headlights :)

I realize my car is pre-facelift - but the projectors still look ridiculously good!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Ron;

Can the privatized inspection shops in Pennsyltuckey actually FAIL us for having these lights installed if they are very attentive/draconian in their picking over the car?
(I ask because of that "NOT DOT APPROVED" label on the back of the headlamp assembly above.)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Ron;

Can the privatized inspection shops in Pennsyltuckey actually FAIL us for having these lights installed if they are very attentive/draconian in their picking over the car?
(I ask because of that "NOT DOT APPROVED" label on the back of the headlamp assembly above.)
The FORD OEM headlights do not indicate "not DOT approved" anywhere on the lights
They have OEM part numbers, specs, FORD molded into the plastics throughout but no mention of anything else

Slipster17

The FORD OEM headlights do not indicate "not DOT approved" anywhere on the lights
They have OEM part numbers, specs, FORD molded into the plastics throughout but no mention of anything else
Maybe the mk7.5 headlights are different - but mine are OEM, ordered from Ford Europe. I always assumed they weren't DOT approved because they never had to be - they weren't ever offered on the Fiesta here in the States.

But no cop or shop is going to hassle you over the fine print there. They're Ford OEM headlights? Ok!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

V_2

These lights cannot be DOT approved due to the style of the reflector cutoff and the lack of an amber corner reflector.

I assume you will fail an inspection if it is done exactly by the book.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Or you can save half by ordering the aftermarket OEM Ford supplier (TYC) unit on eBay: Right Headlight - $147.98 Left Headlight - $147.98

I've been mulling those over for months. glad to see they worked out! what is their bulb type? I'm ordering a set after the holidays.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk