Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Has anyone tried these headlights?

I've been mulling those over for months. glad to see they worked out! what is their bulb type? I'm ordering a set after the holidays.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
the Euro lights (oem and aftermarket) are H7 low beam, H1 high beam, and 7507 BAU15s for the turn signal.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
One other potential concern about the knock-off or non-OEM lights would be the durability of the clear plastics. Many of those plastics over time start to beak down and suffer from yellowing, or/and cloudy/hazy lenses. (note: this is often caused or made worse by car wax)

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
One other potential concern about the knock-off or non-OEM lights would be the durability of the clear plastics. Many of those plastics over time start to beak down and suffer from yellowing, or/and cloudy/hazy lenses. (note: this is often caused or made worse by car wax)
Depends on the wax. I've been using Adam's Buttery wax forever and my lenses still look new.... 4 years later. Car has really never been garaged.

Attachments

V_2

I've done a few retrofits with TYC and DEPO lights over the years with zero issues reported or on my own lights. Generic ebay lights I might worry about, though. YMMV, of course.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Any pics of the light cut-off? That would be nice.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Any pics of the light cut-off? That would be nice.

No idea of the tyc versions have the same cutoff as the German euro, they are an ece mandated cutoff.

Here compared to my murano/corolla modified led retrofit.

Bear in mind these are still covered in a sheet of plastic wrap when the photo/test fit was done

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Looks nice. No extra light going where it doesn't need to go.

No idea of the tyc versions have the same cutoff as the German euro, they are an ece mandated cutoff.

Here compared to my murano/corolla modified led retrofit.

Bear in mind these are still covered in a sheet of plastic wrap when the photo/test fit was done

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Cutoff is the same.

Did you have to contact them to combine the shipping cost? When I tested in my cart, it still shows as $65 for each.
Yes, send a message and they will reply with the correct amount invoiced.

zanethan

Has anyone tried to open the TYC lights up? I'd like them if there weren't all chrome

I did see a FiST for sale recently at a dealership in NJ with these euro headlights. I would assume this means it got through their safety inspection and nobody minded the headlights. Maybe since the headlights aren't some eBay special with rainbow LEDs and are OEM (at least in appearance), they didn't even notice the missing amber reflector on the side?

2014 Fiesta-Projector Headlamp Assy With LED RH (LHD) Part Number: 1895781
- 2014 Fiesta-Projector Headlamp Assy With LED LH (LHD) Part Number: 1895784

Here are the part numbers for left hand drive. if you email Wendy from the ford parts U.K. page they will ship you these for $550 and they normally come second day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V_2

Has anyone tried to open the TYC lights up? I'd like them if there weren't all chrome
They are sealed with permaseal,barely fit in an oven, and are just miserable to work with. But it can be done. Took me several hours to open both.

They are sealed with permaseal,barely fit in an oven, and are just miserable to work with. But it can be done. Took me several hours to open both.
You mentioned in your build thread that you have DEPO brand lights, not the TYC. I have read elsewhere that the TYC is butyl not permaseal, although I still haven't done my retrofit so they mine are still new in boxes and I can't say for sure :(

V_2

You mentioned in your build thread that you have DEPO brand lights, not the TYC. I have read elsewhere that the TYC is butyl not permaseal, although I still haven't done my retrofit so they mine are still new in boxes and I can't say for sure :(
Mine were advertised as TYC, but I ended up getting DEPO brand shipped to me. I have done retros with TYC brand, though, and they are also permasealed.

I have my fingers crossed for your retrofitting sake that they are butyl, lol. Maybe you will luck out.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
2014 Fiesta-Projector Headlamp Assy With LED RH (LHD) Part Number: 1895781
- 2014 Fiesta-Projector Headlamp Assy With LED LH (LHD) Part Number: 1895784

Here are the part numbers for left hand drive. if you email Wendy from the ford parts U.K. page they will ship you these for $550 and they normally come second day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You may have better connections that I

I can post my quote from Ford Parts UK that are 510 GBP which when paid through PayPal is over $700 USD
I buy the OEM Ford Parts from another source in the UK fro just a smidge less and charge only what I do because I need to ship them twice and shipping is $60 UPS due to the size and insurance needed for these lights.

I'll post the quote from Ford Parts UK if needed. I don't challenge posts often but $550 USD is not accurate unless we are talking about eBay non OEM Ford parts.

LILIKE16ST

Diode dynamics just came out with a high performance led headlamp for low beams that is designed for use I reflector housings like our stock housings and not for projector style. They're normally 150 I got them for 120 for the pair on Cyber Monday and it's a preorder they will ship Jan 12. Read up on them on their site I highly recommend for anyone looking for a nice light upgrade with no glare in stock housings and plenty of good looks and additional light to use. I've had issues with my hid and decided to just go this route as it would be better all around anyways in stock headlight housings. I will post pics when I get them in Jan and install them.

Edit* they are called sl1