Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cp-e exhale kit instructions

Hello all. Anyone have the instructions for the exhale kit? Pm'ed Mitch and waiting for a response. I bought the kit used. Thanks. [loveboost]

I do. If you PM me your number I'll send you pics when I get home this evening. And no not those type of pics. haha

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
Awesome! Thanks. I saw there was gasket sealer on the map tap as well as on the sensor in the pipe itself and figured there might be more to the kit than meets the eye. I'm assuming you have the kit? What are your impressions? I have the Tial BOV. Pm'ed you.

the Map Tap is included in the kit. So from a supporting parts perspective you are all set. There is a small o ring you will want to make sure you install. And, be prepared to swap over all your sensors.

What you'll want to be ready for - is adjustment. Designate at least an hour of your time to set the components in place. 6mm of clearance is the bare minimum.

My impressions are that CPE did a good job of spec'ing out and manufacturing the pipe. The tial bov is more than the stock turbo can handle though (on a stock tune).

There are four things you'll want for the instlal:

1) silicon grease to adjust fitment way better than w-40

2) a quality ratchet with lots of extensions so you can go in from the bottom without having to remove the wheel. OR follow what [MENTION=8707]TDavis[/MENTION] did (and many others) with this dv+ install thread.

3) long reach pliers or other

4) the following tools:

• ratcheting socket wrench (1/4" and 3/8" drive)
  • 7mm socket
  • 8mm socket
  • 11mm socket
  • 13mm socket
  • 5mm allen key
  • t-3 tox head socket
  • scissors*
  • universal joint/extension*
  • flat-head screwdriver*
  • JACK STANDS
  • Hydraulic Jack*

Be prepared for lots of bird sqwak and whoosh noise. [thumb]

After I installed my exhale kit with hks bov, the clearance between the bov flange and the transmission was basically non existant. I checked on it recently and the flange is all dinged up from rubbing against the transmission. Spent a good couple hours trying to increase that clearance but couldn't make it happen.