Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stock RE050A's in the Cold

Zissou

yes, 2000-2011 Focus 15"+ wheels, 1999 Cougar 15"+ wheels, 1995+ Contour/Mystique 15"+ wheels, and 2011+ Fiesta 15"+ wheels will all work. They all have 4 x 108 BC. When it comes to tires, the General Arctic Altimax tires are really good and cheap. They don't suffer from the noise or squishy feeling on the highway that you get with a lot of winter tires. They give up a little ice traction, but still far better than any all-season. If you really want to stay on the cheap, don't bother with the TPMS sensors and just live with a light on your dash for a few months.
If you have a garage you can store your summer set in the garage next to your car and the TPMS's from the summer set will be read from them despite them not being on the car. It'll sound the alert if you drive ~20 miles, but personally all my driving in this car in the winter is short trips returning to the garage so my TPMS error alert never goes off.

One weird trick; TPMS manufacturers hate this guy!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If you really want to stay on the cheap, don't bother with the TPMS sensors and just live with a light on your dash for a few months.
Exactly what I did for my summer setup, and once I get around to programming out the TPMS cluster light/DTC, I will probably not install them in my (future) winter/rally worker wheel/tire setup either. ;)
I would consider them useful IF they actually gave pressure readings for ALL four tires on the dash cluster (like even my kid's old '09 Torrent did, but at the same time would probably drive me crazy anyway LOL), but I do keep up on tire pressure checks maniacally, and these things are useless to me.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Exactly what I did for my summer setup, and once I get around to programming out the TPMS cluster light/DTC, I will probably not install them in my (future) winter/rally worker wheel/tire setup either. ;)
I would consider them useful IF they actually gave pressure readings for ALL four tires on the dash cluster (like even my kid's old '09 Torrent did, but at the same time would probably drive me crazy anyway LOL), but I do keep up on tire pressure checks maniacally, and these things are useless to me.
I also check tire pressures regularly, so should not need TPMS normally. However, I have found it very useful when I picked up a nail in a tire, which was then losing air, but wasn't noticeable before I got in the car to start it next time. I started it, saw the TPMS light, and when I checked my tires one was at 18 PSI. If I hadn't had the warning, I would have driven off and possibly ruined the tire. I was lucky that this happened at home where I have an air pump, so I was able to pump up the tire and drive to get it repaired. This happened to me on my previous car with TPMS, too, so I'm glad to have it as a backup to my regular checking.

On the topic, I'm glad to know that the stock tires work well for others in fairly cold temps, I used them last winter in fairly mild NC with no problems, although I take it easy when it gets below 45-50 degrees.