Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Loud clicking noise from dash

HBEcoBeaST

Twice today my fist made a very loud clicking noise eminating from my head unit/dash area. Sounded like a very loud pilot light trying to come on. I couldn't 'feel' it but it was very loud. First time lasted 15seconds. 2nd time it lasted until I switched the source on my headunit.

Is there a speaker in the headunit? What could be clicking?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Twice today my fist made a very loud clicking noise eminating from my head unit/dash area. Sounded like a very loud pilot light trying to come on. I couldn't 'feel' it but it was very loud. First time lasted 15seconds. 2nd time it lasted until I switched the source on my headunit.

Is there a speaker in the headunit? What could be clicking?

It sounds like your Blend Door Actuator to me, that's a common issue, although that wouldn't be affected by switching your source. Here's the thread if you haven't seen it-
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/4424-Blend-Door-Actuator-Issue-Thread

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #3
Thank you! I was afraid it was something serious or difficult to fix.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Mine just got it also....dealer appt is Made for last repair under bumper to bumper.... is the "Dorman" part better than the OE ? Anyone roll the dice there ? Just curious if it's an improvement or meh....not really.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #5
I'm confused about part #s. Do I need the heater or AC door blend actuator? Clicking is from ignition button area.

I'm also looking at the dorman. Says direct fit and another thread said it fit no problem.