Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

whoosh 3" catless downpipes NOW available....

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I've heard catted DP's are better for our cars? Because catless ones drop torque numbers compared to the catted DP?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #22
I've heard catted DP's are better for our cars? Because catless ones drop torque numbers compared to the catted DP?
I've not heard that - Anttrain local to me makes 300whp/327wtq with a catless DP and Thermal R&D exhaust (X47 turbo)
I guess it could depending on the tune and other mods working with the DP

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #24
I've been told a catted sample is in the works and won't be long....

stay tuned

For those that don't need or want a cat, I have a literal ton of catless DP's!!!!!!!!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #26
price adjustment!

$174.99

plus you can use the forum discount FIST5

let go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm 100% down for a catted downpipe too! Put me on the list once it comes out! BTW: I'm loving your intercooler!

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Are most people who are wanting the catted DP's doing it for emissions or 'performance'?

Another reason for catted, at least with previous VWs, is in Dauphin County, PA you need it to pass the visual inspection.

Also don't access ports prevent OBD readiness monitors from setting? When I had my FoST with the old style AP I had to uninstall it for the readiness monitors to set and then had a heck of a time getting the monitors to set with a catless DP and defouler.

Are most people who are wanting the catted DP's doing it for emissions or 'performance'?
I want a catted downpipe for a few reasons, first they flow better than the stock cat (also allows for stage 3 on accessport) secondly i don't want the car to smell heavy of "fumes" while going down the road or idling the car. Mostly because I use this as a family car and my old DSM was cattless and I didn't feel comfortable having my kids around it.

And luckily I live in Indiana and they don't have strict emission laws (or at least they never enforce them). In fact, I think it is only repair shops that aren't allowed to remove functioning cats. There are alot of beater trucks and performance cars that run no cats all the time, but honestly I'm at that point in my life where, to me, it isn't worth the extra couple hp & tq. Part of the reason for getting this car was how efficient it was and that kinda defeats the purpose by removing the most important part of the emissions system. I have nothing against others who do, I used to be that guy and the only reason i did was because high performance cats back then were very expensive and cost as much a full stainless 3" turbo back.