Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Removing Center Console/HVAC for Lighting Color Change

XanRules

So one of the only things I don't like about the Fiesta ST is that none of the interior colors match - the gauges are cool white and red, the radio is warm white, and the center console and HVAC are teal/blue-ish.

Has anyone tried to tackle a full interior color change like this? Does anyone know if these are bulbs (like the old days) or LED panels that would require soldering? I've done this in previous cars but if it's a soldering job I'm not taking it on.

To clarify, I would just be changing the HVAC/console LEDs to red to match the cluster better.

Thanks!

They're going to be soldered in SMD LEDs. I had given thought before to making it so they would switch with the ambient, but decided against it as it would be too much work

OP
XanRules

XanRules

Thread Starter #3
Ugh, that's what I was afraid of. Maybe I can grab an HVAC out of a totaled one so I can test things out without hacking my car up.