Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

F/S: Used Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV with Map adapter

Trader history for blue2turbo (0)

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
For sale is a used, but great condition Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV. I also have the adapter kit necessary to run it. I was using this with an Accessport and tune so I didn't need the sensor resistor for the stock connector on the Diverter valve. Includes the BOV, Map adapter, vacuum hose with clamps, and bolts necessary.

Asking $160 Shipped

View attachment 15855
View attachment 15856
View attachment 15857
How did this system work for You? Any issues....what are you going to do now?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
B
Thread Starter #3
I only had it on for a little bit, but it came with the x37 I purchased from a local owner. He ran it on both 93 and e30 tunes from pd-tuning with no issues whatsoever. I rode in the car prior to purchase and it worked great. When the turbos were swapped over this was put in my car as well and I was running his maps until I had my car retuned by pd.

Overall it operated great for me as well, but I am someone who leans toward the quieter side of things which is why I went back to stock airbox, still have stock catback, and went to a GFB DV+. I had considered keeping this to throw on every now and then for a little fun, but figured I'd see if there's any interest in it first.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I only had it on for a little bit, but it came with the x37 I purchased from a local owner. He ran it on both 93 and e30 tunes from pd-tuning with no issues whatsoever. I rode in the car prior to purchase and it worked great. When the turbos were swapped over this was put in my car as well and I was running his maps until I had my car retuned by pd.

Overall it operated great for me as well, but I am someone who leans toward the quieter side of things which is why I went back to stock airbox, still have stock catback, and went to a GFB DV+. I had considered keeping this to throw on every now and then for a little fun, but figured I'd see if there's any interest in it first.
I have the same setup with a turbo just chilling in the box at home....so your running an x37 w/ stock catback....how is that? Is it as restrictive as some people claim or is it just fine? Has the tuner said anything about it being restrictive as I am thinking of just doing the intercooler....bigger turbo and Catted Dp route without exhaust and running the stock catback. Sorry to prode just looking for answers from someone in the same boat as me.

OP
B
Thread Starter #5
So when I figured out I was getting the X37 I did a bunch of reading on different threads about exhausts, intakes, etc. There were more than a few people making great power with stock cat back still and I remember reading one thread that was dyno'd with stock cat back then with a 2.5" exhaust and it made almost no difference. So I decided I would give up the very small HP increase to keep the comfort of the quiet ride. My tuner had no complaints and when I asked about upgrading to a cat back he said the same thing, it may make a small impact, but it shouldn't require any real re-tuning and my car was performing just fine on stock exhaust.

I also removed the Cobb Intake that was in the car for a RamAir filter, induction hose, and hopefully I'll be grabbing an ST200 intake box. I still get my share of intake noise with the charge pipes and the RamAir, but it's not loud and it's not overwhelming so I don't get all kinds of extra attention.

The Turbosmart wasn't really that loud either and it's adjustable, the sound was enjoyable for a bit, but I decided to try the other route.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So when I figured out I was getting the X37 I did a bunch of reading on different threads about exhausts, intakes, etc. There were more than a few people making great power with stock cat back still and I remember reading one thread that was dyno'd with stock cat back then with a 2.5" exhaust and it made almost no difference. So I decided I would give up the very small HP increase to keep the comfort of the quiet ride. My tuner had no complaints and when I asked about upgrading to a cat back he said the same thing, it may make a small impact, but it shouldn't require any real re-tuning and my car was performing just fine on stock exhaust.

I also removed the Cobb Intake that was in the car for a RamAir filter, induction hose, and hopefully I'll be grabbing an ST200 intake box. I still get my share of intake noise with the charge pipes and the RamAir, but it's not loud and it's not overwhelming so I don't get all kinds of extra attention.

The Turbosmart wasn't really that loud either and it's adjustable, the sound was enjoyable for a bit, but I decided to try the other route.
You have charge air pipes? Which did you decide to go with...I've read alot about the bracket that always seems to break on them with no real solution to avoid it as of yet...tough deal....I know I'll need at least the hotside charge pipe for my Turbo setup and that will be from ATP.

OP
B
Thread Starter #7
I'm running a cpe cold side pipe that deletes the symposer and a mishimoto hotside pipe. I haven't had any problems with the hotside pipe yet. I wish they were they same color because that kind of annoys me, but maybe I'll powdercoat at some point

OP
B
Thread Starter #8
Sorry, was out of town for a long weekend.

PM's replied and still available. Small price drop.