Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Replacing my clutch/flywheel today

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
i will say this morning (was 20 degrees Fahrenheit) the gear 300 felt SUPER thick
So far, I have not noticed it being all that much worse than the Motorcraft DCT factory fill.

I am leaving the Gear 300 in the transaxle until we get some of those extended 10*F to 15*F ambient temp stretches to see just how sluggish, and 'balky' it makes the gearbox in these cars, in those conditions.

It's 220 viscosity index DOES help it out somewhat in those conditions, at least as compared to other lower V.I. gear oils in that same weight. [thumb]

felopr

Once I get some money I'll be going to Motul DCTF

I don't care for the 300 everyone uses.
I use it, i like it more than the 300.
i think one of the most important things is trying to filling the tranny to spec

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Been in the mid 30's in the mornings here. The 300 is a bit sluggish for a few miles, not bothering to change, it'll be 98 again in no time.

once you drive a few miles its fine just the first few shifts you notice it, but other than that the stuff is awesome!

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
I use it, i like it more than the 300.
i think one of the most important things is trying to filling the tranny to spec
Yeah when I did the swap I noticed nothing. I was alarmed when the stuff coming out was not gear oil then I was then putting gear oil and I didn't like that. I'll be switching back once I get back on my feet

Ford Community Posts