Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cleaning up an Intercooler

I have a 2 year old Mountune intercooler that I want move over. It was part of their M215 kit. It looks to be in good shape except for blister on the front surface. I assume it is just the powder coat from 2 years of heat and winter salt.

Could I get it bare metal and either paint or have it powder coated black. There is also ceramic powder coating available. Seems to be much debate.

Sorry, cant help with the restoration of the outside, but mineral spirits splashed around inside will help remove residue, especially when accompanied by an air compressor.

felopr

fastest and easiest way to clean it is with some gasoline and 99% alcohol
Pour gas inside, sway it back and forth (like a baby), pour gas out, repeat 1 or 2 times
Then do the same with the 99% alcohol, the alcohol will remove any left over of gas if any, and since it is 99%, i will dr

haste

1000 Post Club
purple power and rinse well(inside and out). let dry at least 24-36 hours either with very low heat or a fan blowing on the intercooler.