Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Used 2016 FiST - what is a good price?

Weiallin

Alright so I'm looking for a 2016 FirST since I can't seem to find any awesome deals everyone is claiming with a new 2017. Any idea what a 2016 FiST with 14k miles, recaro seats and moon roof is worth? The one I found the dealer is asking for 18,212 but able to get it down to 17,400. Any suggestions? How are pple getting a 17 new for what I'm paying for a used!? It's just crazy. I have a broker out looking too and he's not finding any good deals in the New York/New England area.

Thanks!

P.S. test drove it today and oh man is it such a fun car to drove.

me32

1000 Post Club
There not getting them for under 20k with recaro nav ect. on a new 2017 st. The price for the 2016 is actually a fair price

Dpro

6000 Post Club
This is interesting because I am on the fence about a 2015 Performance Blue with Recaros Sunroof Nav for somewhere around 16,500. It only has 2290 miles amd is a CPO but does have a few paint chips and some minute rock chips on on the front bumper.
I was going to go for a new Orange Spice but I really like Performance Blue.

Last edited:

me32

1000 Post Club
This is interesting because I am on the fence about a 2015 Performance Blue with Recaros Sunroof Nav for somewhere around 16,500. It only has 20290 miles amd is a CPO but does have a few paint chips and some minute rock chips on on the front bumper.
I was going to go for a new Orange Spice but I really like Performance Blue.
The CPO is added cost. Your paying about $1200-$1700 more Generally

Dpro

6000 Post Club
The CPO is added cost. Your paying about $1200-$1700 more Generally
Ya I am aware of that. They have to pay ford for it as well. I made a typo on the mileage it's 2290 not 20290. So ya the car probably was owned as a second fun car and I wonder if it was autocrossed or tracked due to the small rock chips in the front bumper and slight feathering on the tires.

I am just going back and forth on whether it's worth buying it or getting a new non sunroof Orange Spice with Recaros that will run me somewhere around 21k

Ya I am aware of that. They have to pay ford for it as well. I made a typo on the mileage it's 2290 not 20290. So ya the car probably was owned as a second fun car and I wonder if it was autocrossed or tracked due to the small rock chips in the front bumper and slight feathering on the tires.

I am just going back and forth on whether it's worth buying it or getting a new non sunroof Orange Spice with Recaros that will run me somewhere around 21k
Dang, I'd get a new one of it was that cheap! When I got my base model, i paid msrp + TTL, extended warranty, and gap insurance. After adding up interest and everything, it came out to 28k once it's paid off. There were no deals around me, and I even had to get them to bring me the car from a partner dealer a few hours away, so it was that or wait which I couldn't do at the time.

i got my '16 with 7k on it, nav, premium sound, black wheel/painted caliper option, in platinum white for right around 19k after taxes/fees.
Non recaro, no moon roof.
Fully optioned out 17,400 isnt a bad price at all.

me32

1000 Post Club

Depends what you really want.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Depends what you really want.
Ya I love Performance Blue , but I do have a price cutoff point ideally I would probably take it at 16k as I would be saving close to 6k overall. I could take or leave the sunroof and nav . The new one is just Recaros and Black wheels . It really is a matter of spend more for a new one in Orange , which I do like. Or save money get the Blue I love but deal with the fact that the car is slightly imperfect.

It is a conudrum and th fact is if they offered Performance Blue new I would buy it.

me32

1000 Post Club
Ya I love Performance Blue , but I do have a price cutoff point ideally I would probably take it at 16k as I would be saving close to 6k overall. I could take or leave the sunroof and nav . The new one is just Recaros and Black wheels . It really is a matter of spend more for a new one in Orange , which I do like. Or save money get the Blue I love but deal with the fact that the car is slightly imperfect.

It is a conudrum and th fact is if they offered Performance Blue new I would buy it.
Sounds like might be worth to keep looking. But if you haven't done it yet go see the car in person in the day and drive it and decide if trying to work on the price is worth it too you.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Sounds like might be worth to keep looking. But if you haven't done it yet go see the car in person in the day and drive it and decide if trying to work on the price is worth it too you.
Actually did that, took it around the block, smells and looks brand new on the inside outside of some clutch pedal wear. The CPO and mileage make it inticing, the minute rock chips not so as well as the clutch pedal wear and tire feathering. My first impression after noticing this was somebody drove this car spiritedly for the 2202 miles , tracked it, autocrossed it?

I maybe splitting hairs yet I just feel it should be priced a little less because of this. I hit them with a 15,500 for starters and the Internet sales guy was like well we can't go that low. They had dropped it to 16,900 from 17,900. It's been on the lot about a month and a half. It started at 18,900. Anyways the Internet sales guy asked if was flexible and I said a bit and he said they were probably flexible on their end, said he would go talk to his sales manager and bring me back a price . Lol a day later they popped the price online back up to 17,800. I have not heard from him and that was last week. I kinda took that as answer they were not willing to go below 16,900. I figured they would come back at me with 16,500 or 7. Lol

me32

1000 Post Club
Actually did that, took it around the block, smells and looks brand new on the inside outside of some clutch pedal wear. The CPO and mileage make it inticing, the minute rock chips not so as well as the clutch pedal wear and tire feathering. My first impression after noticing this was somebody drove this car spiritedly for the 2202 miles , tracked it, autocrossed it?

I maybe splitting hairs yet I just feel it should be priced a little less because of this. I hit them with a 15,500 for starters and the Internet sales guy was like well we can't go that low. They had dropped it to 16,900 from 17,900. It's been on the lot about a month and a half. It started at 18,900. Anyways the Internet sales guy asked if was flexible and I said a bit and he said they were probably flexible on their end, said he would go talk to his sales manager and bring me back a price . Lol a day later they popped the price online back up to 17,800. I have not heard from him and that was last week. I kinda took that as answer they were not willing to go below 16,900. I figured they would come back at me with 16,500 or 7. Lol
Totally understandable. With the 22k miles if they are the original summer tires. Those tires are at 50-75% worn out already. They only get about 25k-30k put of them normally. Sounds like they really didn't want to work on the price. If I was in your shoes that would leave a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth. I would look else where or for sure work with a different salesman only cause I expect them to keep there word.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Totally understandable. With the 22k miles if they are the original summer tires. Those tires are at 50-75% worn out already. They only get about 25k-30k put of them normally. Sounds like they really didn't want to work on the price. If I was in your shoes that would leave a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth. I would look else where or for sure work with a different salesman only cause I expect them to keep there word.
No the car has 2.2k miles not 22k . Lol

me32

1000 Post Club
Ya if it was not for the miles and its Blue I would have already dismissed it. Blue is my favorite color. lol

I don't blame you it's a great looking color. Keep looking bud you'll find what you want.

I'd try and snag a new one before they are all gone if your budget can allow for it. Folks out in your area have commented on these forums saying they have been able to grab base models for just a little north of 17k before TTL.

Ask yourself what will make you happier long term. Buying new gives you peace of mind knowing the car will be broken-in how you want. Buying used will always make you wonder how the first owner broke it in and what their driving habits may have been like.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I'd try and snag a new one before they are all gone if your budget can allow for it. Folks out in your area have commented on these forums saying they have been able to grab base models for just a little north of 17k before TTL.

Ask yourself what will make you happier long term. Buying new gives you peace of mind knowing the car will be broken-in how you want. Buying used will always make you wonder how the first owner broke it in and what their driving habits may have been like.
Good points and affording a new one is not a problem. It's mainly me liking Blue so much. Lol
Oh and I would not buy a base a Recaro car is a must.

me32

1000 Post Club
Good points and affording a new one is not a problem. It's mainly me liking Blue so much. Lol
Oh and I would not buy a base a Recaro car is a must.
I agree with you on that. A base was not an option for me. The whole point of getting an st was for the recaro.