Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bilstein shock life

Anyone know what’s the average lifespan of bilstein b14 shocks?
I’m at almost 20k miles on them driving through harsh commiefornia roads and I’m starting to feel body roll and more bounce on bumps. Might just pick up another set since these shocks performed so damn well.

I owned an NB Miata for several years. It came factory on Bilstein. The car had 150k when I sold it and I swear they were still good. People joked on the forum how long they lasted. However, not all parts are the same. I know that Bilstein is famous for monotube designs but some are not this design. I'm sure the damping rate also has a factor in longevity.

OP
T
Thread Starter #3
Yeah that’s what I hear lots of bilstein a shocks last.
I hope I’m not just imagining things. But the shocks don’t feel like they did when new.
Can these be rebuilded ?

Actually guys I’m closer to 30kmiles on them.

Last edited:

kevinatfms

For the rebuildable B14's id think you would want to get them rebuilt every 30k miles or so. For the B6's and B8's they should last well beyond that. Although for me 60k is my changing point.

For my own car i swapped the shocks at 55k to the Bilstein B8's along with some Eibach pro-kit springs. I felt that the OEM shocks ride quality and ability to dampen road imperfections was greatly reduced from the factory feel. After removing them from the car they did not compress or rebound like a factory shock should. Glad i replaced them when I did.