Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ksport coilover install and review w/pics

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Finally had a chance to get the Ksport coilovers installed on my 2017 Fiesta ST

The install was very very straight forward and basically the same as you'd encounter with most other coilover kits on the market.

I was running H&R Super Sport lowering springs for a few months which I have to say for as low as they drop the car ride remarkably well.
They stiffened up the car enough on the OEM struts and shocks that bottoming out was not an issue which I thought may be since the car was sitting in the front just under 23" FTG (fender to ground) and just over 23.75" FTG in the rear which makes the car appear to have a slight rake.

My goal with the Ksports was to even out the ride height a bit (less rake) and hopefully improve the ride quality.
It took a lot of adjustments, many times with the car up and down and up again but in the end it's where I want it.
I'll have the car in this week for an alignment so I may end up needing to make another slight adjustment in the front, we shall see.

Anyway, the run down for adjustments for anyone that is interested:

rear shocks: 2.25" of threads showing to provide optimal shock travel - 18 clicks out of 36 damper adjustment
rear spring perch: lowest adjustment with all OEM rubber, etc will yield 23" FTG
front coilover assembly: 1.5" of threads showing from black bottom ring to upper orange ring will yield 23" FTG - 22 clicks out of 36 damper adjustment
front adjustable sway bar end links: installed at the shortest length minus 1 full turn

The springs may settle a bit more after a some more miles and I may bump the damper adjustments up a little more but at the current settings the car rides better than it did new off the lot, and certainly better than with the lowering springs.
It's a great kit, everything fit really well. I've installed Megans, BC's, Tein's, etc on many cars. The Ksport kit quality is very good in comparison.
I won't tell you that this kit blows away all the others for $850 shipped to your door but I will say it's well worth that price tag and you won't regret that spend going from stock suspension or lowering springs to the Ksport kit.
I'm very pleased with the performance. One last thing that is really important to me. Not one single squeak, knock, bump, rattle, noise of any kind. If there is one thing I won't tolerate, it's that!....A huge plus that this kit so far is noise FREE!

Let me know if there are any questions...
link to this product on my site: https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/2014-2017-ford-fiesta-st/products/ksport-kontrol-pro-coilovers-ford-fiesta-fiesta-st-2014-2017

carton received:

front coilover assembly installed + sway bar end link:

rear shock adjustment:

lower rear shock + rear spring & spring height adjuster:

test drive pic / final pics coming

cool stickers you receive haha:

Looks good Ron the stance is ??????; almost as good as my B8 swift combo I got from you ????????????

You never sent me my stickers when I ordered my MBRP exhaust. sadface

Looks dope. I recently installed some 15x8 TD 1.5 wheels and I really really need some lowering springs/coil overs. Do you recommend this setup over, say, swift springs and stock shocks? Car stil rides too rough for me even with the 195/55R15 tires.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Ron;

Are those the Whiteline endlinks, or does K-Sport also make them for our rides?

Do the bottom mounts of the rear dampers have spherical bearings (heim joints), or rubber/poly bushings?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #5
Looks good Ron the stance is ������; almost as good as my B8 swift combo I got from you ������������
I can't say this is better - I haven't tested that combo myself so my true self won't make that claim.
The only plus here is the adjustability of the height and 36 way dampers

Anthony a local in Vegas that has one of the baddest Fiesta's I've seen in person has the same combo as you and absolutely loves it. He tracks his car as well. A good test would be for me to track my car next to his ??? :)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #6
You never sent me my stickers when I ordered my MBRP exhaust. sadface

Looks dope. I recently installed some 15x8 TD 1.5 wheels and I really really need some lowering springs/coil overs. Do you recommend this setup over, say, swift springs and stock shocks? Car stil rides too rough for me even with the 195/55R15 tires.
I just received more stickers - they go quick!
sorry about that.
Like just mentioned I do suggest coilovers for the benefit of ultimate adjustability with the damper and height. Really makes dialing in the car your own set up.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #7
Ron;

Are those the Whiteline endlinks, or does K-Sport also make them for our rides?

Do the bottom mounts of the rear dampers have spherical bearings (heim joints), or rubber/poly bushings?
My apologies for not taking a pic of the box with all the parts still in it. The front sway bar end links are Ksport made and supplied in the kit.

Ron I want stickers too! It puts the lotion on the skin, or else it gets the hose again! Lol jk. Car looks beautiful and the k-sport's compliment it very well, and they friggin match the paint! I had a set of k-sport's on a Lexus SC300 years ago and it rode and handled great. These are some of the best bang for the buck coilovers out there in my opinion. [twothumb]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #10
always good to get some support right from Ksport for these products!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #11
checking in with great results

I haven't changed anything yet - need to schedule that alignment!
the car rides great and high speed as well as hitting large bumps at low speeds that once made me cringe.

LILIKE16ST

I just seen these on your site Ron I'm in the market for suspension goodies. I'm crossed between swift spec r/bilstein b8, meister r coils or now these ksport are in the mix. They actually seem pretty similar to the meisters. They're linear rate and even have the same rate. Linear rate is something I Def want...and I want at least an inch drop but I'd prefer a little more (which is why coils would be good) they're all fairly similar in price and I'm having a hard time choosing. Your ride looks very good on these

*edit* I daily the car and I don't track it and I probably never will other than 1/4 every now and then. I do however enjoy carving up backroad twisties from time to time here in southwest va. I just can't seem to figure out which route I wanna go.

LILIKE16ST

I just read through again and you said ksport has adjustable end links and they actually come with this kit all for 850 shipped? If that's the case I may have just found my setup lol

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #14
I just read through again and you said ksport has adjustable end links and they actually come with this kit all for 850 shipped? If that's the case I may have just found my setup lol
yes the ones shown are included

LILIKE16ST

yes the ones shown are included
Thanks for the reply and thanks so much for the detailed explanation of the install because the way yours sits it's basically exactly how I'd want mine. I've noticed alot of people with coilovers want to stay not much lower than stock I want mine to be around the same as what yours is. It basically sits about the same as h&r ss springs do but a little lower in the rear for an even 23 inches all around fender to ground...that's perfect. Hopefully I won't have alot of issue with my 15x8 team dynamics wheels but I plan on going with 205/50 continental extreme sport contact in the future and they're a little shorter than stock so that may help out some. These coilovers are awesome I will probably be ordering a set along with a couple other things from you in the very near future and please be sure to include stickers they add hp ya know lol. If I spend over a grand could I possibly get a 2 or 3 x tshirt thrown in there as well? Thanks as always and keep up the good work

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #16
Thanks for the reply and thanks so much for the detailed explanation of the install because the way yours sits it's basically exactly how I'd want mine. I've noticed alot of people with coilovers want to stay not much lower than stock I want mine to be around the same as what yours is. It basically sits about the same as h&r ss springs do but a little lower in the rear for an even 23 inches all around fender to ground...that's perfect. Hopefully I won't have alot of issue with my 15x8 team dynamics wheels but I plan on going with 205/50 continental extreme sport contact in the future and they're a little shorter than stock so that may help out some. These coilovers are awesome I will probably be ordering a set along with a couple other things from you in the very near future and please be sure to include stickers they add hp ya know lol. If I spend over a grand could I possibly get a 2 or 3 x tshirt thrown in there as well? Thanks as always and keep up the good work
sounds good
the only shirts I have left from the giveaways are small and 2/3XL
I got you!!!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #18
Thanks so much I'll probably take a 3x I like em a little loose lol. Do I need to add it to the cart when I order?
no need
Just add it to the notes
the shirt and decals are on me

LILIKE16ST

no need
Just add it to the notes
the shirt and decals are on me
That's awesome thanks alot. I know you've probably heard this a bunch but we all really do appreciate what you do for the community. Good vendors like yourself aren't easy to come by in a niche market like this so it's awesome to have someone like you on our side.

I have a couple questions regarding the ksport coilovers. I've never had coilovers before so this is a first time thing for me. I was wondering if ksport offers replacement dampers or a rebuild available for these coilovers. Just curious on that and another question I had was regarding general upkeep of the coilovers and things needed to protect against winter time salt and elements. I noticed it said the shock body is made of or already has rust resistant material on it. Is there any need to apply anything else to them or are they good as is? Did you apply anything else to yours before install? I post these questions here and not in a pm as I'm sure other potential buyers on the forums may want to know the answer to these questions also. Once again thanks for your time and everything else you do for us in the community!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #20
That's awesome thanks alot. I know you've probably heard this a bunch but we all really do appreciate what you do for the community. Good vendors like yourself aren't easy to come by in a niche market like this so it's awesome to have someone like you on our side.

I have a couple questions regarding the ksport coilovers. I've never had coilovers before so this is a first time thing for me. I was wondering if ksport offers replacement dampers or a rebuild available for these coilovers. Just curious on that and another question I had was regarding general upkeep of the coilovers and things needed to protect against winter time salt and elements. I noticed it said the shock body is made of or already has rust resistant material on it. Is there any need to apply anything else to them or are they good as is? Did you apply anything else to yours before install? I post these questions here and not in a pm as I'm sure other potential buyers on the forums may want to know the answer to these questions also. Once again thanks for your time and everything else you do for us in the community!
Thanks for that!
I will have to find out about the replacement parts. I honestly don't know. I'm fairly certain they do but I will get a solid confirmation on it.
As for the corrosion resistance, I have an unfair advantage where I live at the moment. Nothing rusts or corrodes. Heck it didn't rain for over 125 days lol
Anyway, the coilovers do have a black hard anodized finish on the threaded parts that adjust on both the front and rear then the rear of the shock/strut parts are black powder coated. All the aluminum components are anodized orange.
For one of the value based coilover kits its pretty good.
I bumped the damper settings up by 8 clicks in the front, left the rear alone since the first install and it really handles well.
I enjoy the ride 10x over lowering springs w/stock struts & shocks

hope that helps!